Various OT lightsaber WannaWanga parts (new ALU MPP shroud)

Re: Various OT lightsaber parts (update October: MPP shrouds available)

I don't know what exactly differentiates what kind of End Cap comes on which Heiland. But from what I can tell, it seems the proper End Cap with a wide knurl and bottom screw hole came on that style 3-Cell like was in the auction. And the other End Cap with a wide knurl but HR logo on bottom came with 2-Cell flash guns. But that's just based on my experience. @Sym-Cha might know for sure.

To be honest I have never seen that endcap with a screw hole in the bottom before from Heiland . . . but it looks great :) . . . and yes as our member Banthapudu4788 observed ... the octagonal endcap 3 cell usually has the proper emitter guts for a Vader conversion ... so for a more screen-accurate endcap you always need another Heiland to accomodate and the no-logo endcap could well be an aftermarket replacement :)

Chaim

Last edited by a moderator:

To add one more detail to this end cap. It's original finish was a "satin-like" dull chrome or nickel-like finish. The one that just sold on eBay had the same finish. Not bright and shiny chrome.

To be honest I have never seen that endcap with a screw hole in the bottom before from Heiland . . . but it looks great :) . . . and yes as our member Banthapudu4788 observed ... the octagonal endcap 3 cell usually has the proper emitter guts for a Vader conversion ... so for a more screen-accurate endcap you always need another Heiland to accomodate and the no-logo endcap could well be an aftermarket replacement :)

Chaim

I see... I guess that pretty much confirms it. Because that's how I had to create my saber. Purchased the 3 cell with proper emitter, but wrong hex-cap. And then purchased another Heiland, I believe was a 2 cell that had the correct end cap, except with the HR logo. Thanks Chaim!

I'm very excited for you TFA kit Roy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chaim

I'm lucky then; I found a Heiland with both the proper guts AND the knurled round end cap! And I paid a very decent price.

Roy, are your TFA clamp cards available for purchase yet? :D

I found my Heiland with the correct guts, holes and the round knurled end cap.

I needed 2 Heilands. But I'll be turning the other into a custom.

Is this turning into the bug Roy with questions thread? HEY ROY! WHEN THEM THERE KOBOLDS COMING IN!? ;P

Roy, are your TFA clamp cards available for purchase yet? :D

No, not yet, but I expect them in a few days. :)

Is this turning into the bug Roy with questions thread? HEY ROY! WHEN THEM THERE KOBOLDS COMING IN!? ;P

The Kobolds are machined in a few days as well, but then still need the nickle plating. I think they'll be ready 2 weeks from now.

I've cancelled the development for the Luke ROTJ stunt saber parts (the Graflex conversion), since Roman is working on those (right? @Romans Empire).

I made a typo: I meant the Darth Vader ROTJ stunt parts:
IMG_0810.JPG

Am I crazy for remembering some version of the ROTJ saber have a conduit/wire running from box to pommel?

Am I crazy for remembering some version of the ROTJ saber have a conduit/wire running from box to pommel?
Back in the day there was a diagram that showed what we now know is the V2 lever to be a "conduit" or thin metal rod or something. It's a cool look, but based on misinterpreting crappy ref pics.

I recall the drawing-- it was from the first edition Tech Journal by Shane Johnson. I could have sworn I saw a still that supported it though...
But then again, I was pretty sure Luke had a yellow lightsaber in ANH for most of my childhood. Our memory can fool us if we think something is true!

I'm guessing Johnson was looking at a shot with either the V2 clamp lever that was longer, or maybe the triangular D-ring was flipped up onto the body.

Yup! There's something there for sure!

Let's try and not muddy the stuff we've discovered to be actually there with stuff anyone could interpret from small, fuzzy pics.

Not trying to make some grand sweeping notion everyone's props are no longer accurate-- just wondering what/where Shane Johnson saw what he saw cause I thought I saw it too. I was trying to reconcile if I had seen his drawing and retroactively recalled seeing it (ala yellow lightsabers) or if there was something onscreen he and I both saw in a blurry pic that was mistaken for a feature.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back