Hasbro Hero Millennium Falcon Modification

Thanks very much Shingouki28,......my MPC still isn't finished

astroboy.....dunno what way I'll do this,....maybe just wing it

Heres some comparisons with the FineMolds kits:

HHMFampFMMF2.jpgHHMFampFMFMs.jpgGears.jpgcockpits.jpg

Honestly cant get over the size & the possibility of this thing

The usual measurement that should be the same is the outermost diameter of the docking rings, the front of the jaw, the diameter of the cockpit tube & the dish.....

.....the dish is slightly larger than the others.....slightly,....I dont think I will reduce the size of the dish:

Sizes.jpg

This is very exciting.....I ordered a Revell TIE large scale today to use the detail of the solar panels for the engine vents...(I'll hopefully just mould & cast the details)

Thanks very much for looking

John

Last edited:
Grabbing a seat, too! :) Thanks for the comparison shots, John. Finally we have something that looks like a Falcon without our having to strain. By the way, the curvature -- is it really more 32" than 5-foot? If it looks closer to the MR, I guess going for a 32" won't be a bad idea as there would be less parts to scratchbuild. I'd hate to see all that nice 32" detailing -- the Porsche transmission and engine deck -- go to waste.

Yeah, I'm excited about this Falcon. The to-do list seems much smaller than most toys and even many model kits (cough cough MPC cough).

Thanks for the great comments guys,....ThrakenSai, I'll be using others great ideas as well:D

crackerjazz, I like the eway Hasbro have used different elements from both studio models....If I'm gonna change anything or create parts I'll likely lean towards the 32" ship....but no matter what happens the cockpit cone is pretty much the 5 footer

newmagrathea, yeah (cough, cough,....the MPC,.....I havent forgotten about that one)

khitomer, I cut the cockpit with a sharp scalpel,.....dunno about the undercarriage,...but....I took your tip today and went to Argos ,....bought a couple of dolls for my daughter for Xmas & another Hero Falcon.....gonna use the other top turret, window & quad gun for the underside

cockpit.jpgCockpit2.jpg

...gave the cockpit cone a blast of primer,....just for a laugh.....tested the dried area with masking tape which easily removed the paint......I know I know.....you guys have the experience with this type of plastic & I will take your advice,.....but I just wanted to see how easily the paint would come off with the regular stuff:rolleyes

partsapart2.jpgpartsapart.jpg

Notches:

cutout3.jpgcutout2.jpgCutout1.jpg

Thanks for looking
John

cockpit.jpg

Cockpit2.jpg

partsapart2.jpg

partsapart.jpg

Cutout1.jpg

cutout3.jpg

cutout2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to my local car accessory shop & bought some Adhesion Aid and Bumper spray

attachment.php

The Adhesion Aid took a bit longer to dry than the usual car spray,.....you can tell as it looks like youve sprayed the part with water,.....eventually patches appear of matte drying out across the part.....

After it was completely dry I sprayed it with the Bumper paint, which dries just like regular car paint......I made myself a cup of tea and tested the part with masking tape.....nope....the paint stayed undamaged,....I tried stronger tape electrical tape,....still no damage:D

I have one of those nice PE sets for the MPC Falcon designed by Haystack Hair,....the grille that wraps around the cockpit might do for the Hasbro Falcon

attachment.php

Thanks for looking

John

Attachments

• IMG_1323.jpg
    IMG_1323.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 3,052
  • IMG_1326.jpg
    IMG_1326.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_1324.jpg
    IMG_1324.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 3,468
Last edited:
Nice work already,
How did you cut out the detail under what you seem to be calling the notches, knife? will you be doing the front circle bits? (I don't know what any of the parts are called) as it seems to me that on the 5" one there is a lot of undercut, whereas the 32' seems to be more like this model, straight down from the circles edge? :)

Out of curiosity, (since I haven't spent too much time looking at pics of this) are the panels all from the ESB falcon? Or is it a mixture of the the ESB and anh? For some reason, I would rather deal with greeblies than me panels

Nice work already,
How did you cut out the detail under what you seem to be calling the notches, knife? will you be doing the front circle bits? (I don't know what any of the parts are called) as it seems to me that on the 5" one there is a lot of undercut, whereas the 32' seems to be more like this model, straight down from the circles edge? :)

Is that the 4 circular openings on the mandibles?
Na, I'll not be cutting notches in those, just all the ones around the circumference of the main hull to do

J

Ha, thanks for the comments guys,

This plastic is strange stuff, its hard to ge it to a good finish.....although I'm using a scalpel, there are still frayed edges where I'm cutting.....

Hopefully paint will cover obvious cut work

IMG_1333.jpgIMG_1334.jpgIMG_1336.jpg

Trying to replace some of the most obvious pipework.....nasty:

IMG_1335.jpg

I had to remove one of the supports on the inside:

IMG_1337.jpg

Thanks for looking
John

Last edited:
Looking great John, much more ambitious than anything I'll be trying soon! Where did you get the Hycote paint from? My local Halfords was out of stock of their stuff which is £7.99 a can, so I've tried their plastic primer instead. I'll test fro adhesion when it's cured for a few days.

Thanks Khitomer, I get the Hycote from my local independant car accessory shop,...I've found that Hycote has been the best, smoothest, splatter-free rattle-can car paint that I've found.
I've bought other brands and regretted it, no naturally enough I was impressed that the also produce an Adhesion Aid spray

John

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back