Hasbro Hero Millennium Falcon Modification

Hi Flektor the Tank used in the first image was an Airfix KingTiger Kit:

a55303-website.jpg

IMG_1397.jpg

The other box is made from 2 Sherman & 1 Matilda tank 1/76 Airfix kits......all cheapo kits
IMG_1396.jpg

J

This is looking so good. I am following your build with great interest at some point I should have the time to start mine. I had planed not to worrry about it being perfect but the more I see of the builds here on the fourm the more I want to see what I can do with this.

I really can't believe what's going on with this modelin. It's a totally collaborative "screw you" to all of the badly proportioned falcons over the years.

At this point I'm about to shelve my fm 1/72, my amt Falcon, blue moon kit and all of the other home brew add ons. ....

Last edited:
You're driving me crazy with all your mods and add-ons, John -- totally awesome work! That's a truly fantastic Han sculpt -- and can't wait to see how Chewie turns out! The fastest hunk of junk never made it to the stores here so I finally ordered one from Walmart online. An Easter gift "for my kid" :)

Why is 'homage' a dirty word? Using the same techniques and skills as the original model makers should have more respect...

R/ Robert

OH WOW...Chewie is awesome too...I hope we are able to get some figures...cant seem to find any on Ebay, for the right scale, anyway.....congrats sir on a job welldone

GYoung, on EBay do a search for 'WotC Star Wars' or "Wizards of the Coast Star Wars" and that should get you a bunch. I ordered up a ton of the gaming figures and although the scaling is a bit hit or miss (I hope to soon provide a post showing my findings) the Chewie figures are spot-on (7 scale feet tall for 1/48 scale.) The Wookie sculpts are particularly well done, which is a nice bonus given that some of the figures (like the Luke Skywalker -Rebel figure) have very soft facial details. Shop around, too, the costs are also variable!

Regards, Robert

Last edited:
Thanks Joberg,.....

Because the boxes have an open area, you can see under the part,....the mandibles need that area repaired,...so I spent a bit of time filling in holes & gaps

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k637/jaiteastu/Hasbro Hero Millennium Falcon/IMG_1621.jpg
I also removed some of the pipes,....which I'll have to replace:
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k637/jaiteastu/Hasbro Hero Millennium Falcon/IMG_1619.jpg
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k637/jaiteastu/Hasbro Hero Millennium Falcon/IMG_1622.jpg

Thanks for looking

John
I'm sorry if I missed it, but what are you using to fill the holes with? Everything looks so clean, i spent probably 2 hours trying to cut those out clean and they still look Super shredded!

Last edited:
I'm sorry if I missed it, but what are you using to fill the holes with? Everything looks so clean, i spent probably 2 hours trying to cut those out clean and they still look Super shredded!
Yeah I am in awe at how clean johns work is , what do you use to finish / clean the plastic ?

Thanks guys,....to fill the holes,....or in this case, a large missing section,...I just placed a support piece below the hole,...bridging the gap,...then using styrene the same thickness of the hull,...I just pieced in a replacement patch

When glue is hardened I filled any gaps with Humbrol model filler,....when it is dry I sand down with emery paper and finish it off with wet emery,.....when its all done I give it another blast with adhesion aid,....then primer

The vinyl really isn't that bad,....if it goes all shredded looking, smear a bit of contact adhesive over it to bond the shreds together and sand that down

J

When glue is hardened I filled any gaps with Humbrol model fillerJ
So far I have had pretty good results with Milliput. Is milliput comparable to the humbrol model filler?

Edit: so after getting the humbrol model filler, I'm avoiding the milliput like the plague! The milliput has a Shiny finish and is easily scraped off this plastic! The humbrol filler is beautiful to work with, Sands with ease and so far I love the smooth seamless results you get! Just my two cents!

Last edited:
I have learned a lot from the RPF especially from the reference photos of the Five Foot Millennium Falcon model, I was tired of going through my stored files trying to find the one item I was scratch building so this week I created study reference sheets that show a particular feature of the falcon and I assembled multiple views of that, for example the mandible end details I am scratch building, I thought I would share these with everyone so they can dip in when they are scratch building areas.they can be accessed in my public profile folder here:Thanks to everyone who has shared images of the models, as its very hard for me to get access to the movie props. I will create sheets later on for painting features later on (When I finally finish scratching ), i will be adding to these as I focus on other areas.

http://www.therpf.com/members/vacformedhero/albums/5ft-anh-millennium-falcon/

I haven't done anything on this since April,...Loads of workwork in May......then kids off over the summer,....Bandai kits tempting me......Workwork again in September,......overload!!

There have been enquiries for parts & I feel like I've let people down,....It really is hard to get back onto something,...I know that if I push myself, I'll get consumed by it again...

......so yes, if anyone needs any of the parts I can cast them,......but I need to get my mojo back

J

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back