3 Foot Star Destroyer - Scratch Build

steve_jones

I Just wanted to share my latest project, it has been on the bench for a few years now but I am back on it now,

It is in no way Studio Reference , just based on the "theme" of the ones used on the films :) and I am in no way as accomplished as some of the other masterpieces shown here, but you have got to learn some how !

Firstly my original 2 foot version one I made about 15 years ago..

IMAG1855.jpg

Now the current version where I am up to currently

DSC02390.JPGIMAG1857.jpgIMAG1856.jpgIMAG1854.jpgIMAG1853.jpgDSC02409.JPGDSC02408.JPGDSC02402.JPGIMAG1858.jpg

Ill keep the progress going hope you like ..

Wow! I love your paneling and engine detail. It is looking really good. I can't wait to see it progress!

RAM

Woriking on the main engines, Started out as some xmas polar bear thing from the pound shop

IMG_0002.JPG

Cut it down and started adding Styrene strips

IMG_0003.JPGIMG_0004.JPGIMG_0005.JPG

Finally attached the top of a water bottle to the back ( the lid I screwed into the model) which will easily allow me to screw and unscrew the engines for painting etc..

IMG_0013.JPGEngine Finished.JPG

Steve

And secondary Engines, I really struggled with finding something to start with , eventually I settled with Lego rocket motors

IMG_0043.JPG

I then cut them down and removed 4 out of the 5 motor tubes and cut 5 circles out of styrene

IMG_0044.JPGIMG_0045.JPG

Finally detailed around the middle of the motors and there done

IMG_0046.JPG

Steve

Last edited:
Finally a place where I can find inspiration, I really like this !! I have been looking forever to find something to shape the rear engines, this solution looks awesome. Your detailing is fantastic !!

Hang in there :thumbsup !!! It looks fantastic. I like your scribing ( I think that is what it is called in English) it is really a tedious job to make, and I really like yours.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back