Cabaline16's CHILD contest submission: My 8 yr. old's Doctor Who -- 11th Doctor

Cabaline16

OK, so my 8 year old very, very rapidly developed a Doctor Who obsession when BBCA was doing the marathon leading up to the new season. Prior to that he'd never seen a single episode. Now days he has three sonic screwdrivers, builds tardises (Tardi?) out of legos, and runs around the house screaming "EXTERMINATE!" all day long. His costume request? The 11th Doctor, of course.

So, after scouring thrift shops and the internet, I decided to make the jacket from scratch. :thumbsup

IMG_20141027_100525.jpeg IMG_20141027_205653.jpeg

Anyways, I thought the jacket turned out really good, but then when we put the whole thing together for Trick or Treat tonight, and it was like magic! The kid became the doctor!! :lol He had a blast and it was super fun for me to see him so happy. Here's the final results:

20141030_180336.jpeg 20141030_180348.jpeg

Here's a pic with all three of my kids (plus my niece in a store-bought costume and insane wig) in their costumes: My 10yr old daughter as Wasp, my 8 year old son, and my 6 year old son as Star-Lord. :)

20141030_180604.jpeg

EDIT to add the required "proof" picture:

20141031_182546.jpeg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back