Alex Garland's Ex Machina (Post-release)

Vivek

Master Member
This movie has nothing to do with Brian K. Vaughan's comic series.

Ex Machina is the directorial debut of writer Alex Garland, who wrote 28 Days Later, Sunshine, Never Let Me Go and Dredd .

People, let's go and support his film on opening weekend as he has given us such good films.

Release Date: April 10, 2015.

Synopsis:
It tells the story of a computer coder who wins the chance to spend a week at the house in the mountains belonging to the CEO of the company he works for, only to find he has to participate in an experiment involving a new brand of artificial intelligence.

Director: Alex Garland
Writer: Alex Garland
Cast: Domhnall Gleeson, Oscar Isaac, Alicia Vikander

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0470752/

https://www.facebook.com/ExMachinaFilm
https://twitter.com/ExMachinaMovie

15663799031_017ac8764b_o.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Ex Machina

As a huge fan of Dredd and most of what Alex Garland writes I thought I'd give this a bump as its out very soon and getting terrific reviews. (23rd Jan in UK)

Re: Ex Machina (Post-release)

Please, for anyone going to see this with expectations it will be something like Dredd crossed with the Terminator it most DEFINITELY isn't. Its a small cast playing in an intensely stylish but claustraphobicly modern set. Its a techno/ pyscho thriller, with lots of clever miss direction and ideas that although not new (to anyone whose read Asimovs "I,Robot" series or watched "Westworld")at least its done in such away it will make you really question what kind of a relationship any man is supposed to have with a machine, as described by its form. I found it really involving , and the three leads were brilliant, particularly the "robot" whose uncanny mannerisims,construction and movement stayed with me for along time. Its a strange film, miles more effective with its theme and ideas than "Transendance", a throwback to the kind of thoughtful sci fi movie you got in the 70's but obviously far slicker. It won't be for everyone but I thought it was very good. There were about seven people in the cinema when I saw it back in January.

My theater is opening it this Friday. I'm really excited to see it. It looks like it's going to be visually amazing and the store looks originaly enough and like there are probably enough twists to keep it entertaining.

saw it last night. it was good, if a bit predictable. the special effects were well done and looked very realistic. its NOT an action packed violent movie, more of a slow burn suspense thriller.

I found it a bit slow but enjoyable... I did think it was going to twist a different way.

I liked it. It showed in the TV-sized screen room which sucked. I saw maybe 3 empty seats. I think the movie needed more though. More tech or si-fi elements or maybe more of a twist.

Just finished watching it. Been looking forward to seeing it for a while now.

So.... definite spoilers...

It was a little weird. I knew it would be going into it with only 3-4 actors and the topic of the movie.
A little predictable. Figured things wouldn't end well for Nathan. He was a dick, and Oscar Isaac played it very well.
Caleb's ending, though, I didn't expect.
I figured Kyoko was a robot.
Overall all it was worth the wait. Very awesome robot effects. Decent pacing. Thought provoking. I'd watch it again.

I though it was ok. I watched it in bed last night on movietube and I am glad I didn't drop $25-30 going to a theater to see it with the wife. I liked it for free :lol

I didnt like it. Was very boring and clear from the beginning that will end that way. What a waste of time .... :(

I enjoyed it for the intellectual aspects of it. I thought the twists in the movie were very well done, if not a little obvious towards the end. The trailer actually produces a bit of a spoiler that annoyed me. But what it lacked in "entertainment" it made up for in making you think. Where should we draw the line? How do we go about becoming creators of a race? As a human I see it as being the beginning of our own demise. We are far too stupid as a species to be responsible for the creation of a new race. Hell we cannot even get past our own differences as a species.

watched it last night, i enjoyed it. good effects for once.

im hoping to check it out in theaters, i has a very irobots feel to me

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back