Thor: Ragnarok

Can we just give Jeyl his own little soap box thread, and boot him from movie threads? That way, those of us who have all the crayons in the box can discuss the ****ING MOVIE?

I'd like to, just for once, see a thread that he doesn't make about his little mission to save all those poor discriminated women. Blocking him is honestly not enough at this point.

uh oh... be prepared to have about 7 members attacking you for this post alone. therefore, i love you for it ;o)

Can we just give Jeyl his own little soap box thread, and boot him from movie threads? That way, those of us who have all the crayons in the box can discuss the ****ING MOVIE?

I was discussing the movie. I talked about how I felt Kevin Feige's attempt at selling the movies' characters was poorly handled and how it's sadly not uncommon. I even put my thoughts in a spoiler tag so that nobody who cared for my thoughts didn't have to see it by default. If my stuff makes you agitated or angry, don't reply to it. I'm not out to get anyone here.

I'd like to, just for once, see a thread that he doesn't make about his little mission to save all those poor discriminated women. Blocking him is honestly not enough at this point.
Couldnt have said it better myself. There should be an option for when you block someone, they are COMPLETELY blocked. You dont see any quotes, or that they made a post, basically that they dont exist. Cheers though Mr Mold Maker. Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

I was discussing the movie. I talked about how I felt Kevin Feige's attempt at selling the movies' characters was poorly handled and how it's sadly not uncommon. I even put my thoughts in a spoiler tag so that nobody who cared for my thoughts didn't have to see it by default. If my stuff makes you agitated or angry, don't reply to it. I'm not out to get anyone here.
Then why do you spew that vitriol then? Its in almost every marvel thread. And marvel is the one at the forefront of super heroine movies! Youre here to rattle the cage. There is no other reason for saying what you do. Nobody ever agrees with you anyway, its like youre the lone SJW on your crusade against everyone. Its baffling. :wacko

I did not even recognize Cate Blanchett in those pictures. Is she immortal?

As far as I know she's a human like us, but I do get suspicious of her from time to time, especially seeing how she appears to not have aged between the Lord of the Rings films and the Hobbit films.

Or are we talking about the movie? :D

Agreed. Its akin to when I saw Sam Jackson in Star Wars.

I thought he was good in star wars. and the once you saw him in it, it's like he fit perfectly...

but to me it felt weird cause he was a known celebrity. IT would be like having Jennifer Aniston guest star in Guardians of the Galaxy ;o)

I'm so in. I hate Thor in most of the comics (barring Ultimates), but daaaang they've nailed the movies. And more Loki is always welcome. Really the only MCU baddie with any heft whatsoever. Not sure about the GOTG vibe, as others have stated, but...that's marketing for ya.

Dude you sour pusses have no idea whats cool, that looks like a ton of FUN! All the neon, and the 80's vibe, and Thor being Thor! Im excited to hear how they explain how hulk got there, and its a loose adaptation of planet hulk, which was an awesome story. I cant freaking wait for this. GotG doesnt have the monopoly on cool aliens and space stuff guys. Normally Im not a fan of a pop song for a trailer, but this one worked. The trailer did what its supposed to do; get me excited for the movie!!!

Also, see how color makes things look cooler? DC should take a hint from that. Maybe Zack Snyder is color blind... :confused

I can't wait. Thor is my favorite of the MCU Avengers. Dark World was not the best, but I really enjoyed the first one. I like the GOTG vibe.

Hemmsworth seems to have fun with the character.

The reason it looks like it comes rom the same place as Guardians of the Galaxy IS because it's from the same Marvel Universe.Thats the whole point.
And, unless people have forgotten ,its all designed to progress that way so ALL these characters are introduced into the final act(s) that culminates in the two part "Infinity War".
I watched this trailer ten times in a row and I am just thrilled by it. Marvel IS the franchise that just keeps delivering as far as I'm concerned. Never have I watched so many films that are often not only hugely satisfying and fun in their own right, but as a continuation of multiple story arcs of characters and stories is truely a "marvel" in cinema history.
They are not only often superbly judged, cleverly constructed, well paced , and wonderfully scripted , but the casting has been almost always universally brilliantly. For example Kate Blanchett in this trailer is perfect. With a very large "P". Put together with the superb consistency and joyfully imaginative scope of the art design and the spectacular effects work that not only often pays a direct and dedicated homage to the comics ,they then take it up another several levels! I cannot really express just how much I love these damn films.
Watching that trailer all I felt was a thrill of happieness!!!! (And think "Well theres at least another billion in the bank at the box office minimium).

The throwback title treatment is SOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOL. Hopefully the movie matches the fun of the trailer. Tickets sold. Can't wait!

The reason it looks like it comes rom the same place as Guardians of the Galaxy IS because it's from the same Marvel Universe.Thats the whole point.
And, unless people have forgotten ,its all designed to progress that way so ALL these characters are introduced into the final act(s) that culminates in the two part "Infinity War".
I watched this trailer ten times in a row and I am just thrilled by it. Marvel IS the franchise that just keeps delivering as far as I'm concerned. Never have I watched so many films that are often not only hugely satisfying and fun in their own right, but as a continuation of multiple story arcs of characters and stories is truely a "marvel" in cinema history.
They are not only often superbly judged, cleverly constructed, well paced , and wonderfully scripted , but the casting has been almost always universally brilliantly. For example Kate Blanchett in this trailer is perfect. With a very large "P". Put together with the superb consistency and joyfully imaginative scope of the art design and the spectacular effects work that not only often pays a direct and dedicated homage to the comics ,they then take it up another several levels! I cannot really express just how much I love these damn films.
Watching that trailer all I felt was a thrill of happieness!!!! (And think "Well theres at least another billion in the bank at the box office minimium).
You beat me to the punch.
I think the tone is deliberately similar to GotG as a bridge so GotG characters don't seem entirely out of place when Infinity War comes around.
This makes sense.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back