Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Post-release)

lynx0099

Sr Member
We all know about the news of Potter spin-off Fantastic Beasts. Harry Potter fans are excited about the new series already now.
The first movie will be released in 2016 and there is not a casting about the movie yet. The movie will be about Newt Scamender's life.
Of course the first question is who will be acting Newt? My personal idea is Tom Hiddleston would be a perfect face for the role. He is
one of the best actor of fantastic movies nowadays. Another option could be Benedict Cumberbatch. My opinions are that way
I also wonder your ideas about this role.

I really like Potter universe so much but i was always fan of books rather than movies. After last news about the trilogy, we know now that it
might be even more than 3 movies. If it is true then there is a wonderful story in Rowling's mind for the all 3 or maybe more movies.
My question about this would be that: will Rowling write other Potter Spin-off's about Newt's life? I wonder all Potter Fans' idea about that.
Fantastic Beasts book is kind of an encyclopedia, so maybe she will write a detail story book about Fantastic Beasts before, after or during
the series. As far as i know there are many books like that released after movies.

As a book fan it would be fantastic to know Rowling releases new Potter related books

Re: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

So - confirmed cast so far:
Newt Scamander - Eddie Redmayne
Colin Farrell - Graves
Ezra Miller - Credence
Samantha Morton - Mary Lou
Katherine Waterson - Porpentina
Dan Fogler - Jacob
Aliston Sudol - Queenie
Jenn Murray - we don't know yet
Faith Wood-Blagrove - Modesty

obviously news is kind of set at a "trickle" for this right now, but I'm very interested in this movie and whatever sequels it may have. I hope it gives us a chance to see the world from an adult's point of view, and broadens an already great universe. It struck me this Halloween as I was planning a costume that I love the series but don't identify with a lot of the characters as they are mostly children, and the adults in their lives are either teachers or parents, so to see a young adult Newt is really exciting to me. Overall I'm hopeful, and as long as Rowling's visions of wizarding America aren't ridiculous ( I'm not loving the "No-Maj" term) then I think they've got a great chance at some cool movies.

Don't forget Ron Perlman is also cast in this, although I haven't seen what character he plays. He just tweeted that he is immersed in that world. So cool!

The only people I know that still think Harry Potter is just for children are people who know nothing about it. So, I guess I don't see your point harrisonp. I personally know dozens of 'older' adults who are huge HP enthusiasts, and there is 'tons' of scholarly analysis regarding the storylines and that world. Perhaps you are missing the forest for the trees. Regardless, I have great confidence that Fantastic Beasts will be just as evocative as the HP series.

Last edited:

Don't forget Ron Perlman is also cast in this, although I haven't seen what character he plays. He just tweeted that he is immersed in that world. So cool!

The only people I know that still think Harry Potter is just for children are people who know nothing about it. So, I guess I don't see your point harrisonp. I personally know dozens of 'older' adults who are huge HP enthusiasts, and there is 'tons' of scholarly analysis regarding the storylines and that world. Perhaps you are missing the forest for the trees. Regardless, I have great confidence that Fantastic Beasts will be just as evocative as the HP series.

oh dont get me wrong I totally love it! And of course there are loads of universal themes as well as deeper meanings in many of the things Rowling so beautifully created. That point I made was kind of me losing my train of thought and I ended up merging the idea that I didn't identify with dressing up as a Hogwarts student with my excitement to see a completely different angle on the series through Newt's eyes. I think the potential to show a whole new side of the wizarding world is nearly limitless and this will be a great way to do so.

My thing about the adults being mostly teachers or parents does stand though, because as much as I love Harry and his story I always found myself wanting to see more from the Aurors and the seedier side of this magical world, and we don't really see too much of that in the main series (or at least not enough for me!)

i've been wanting to see this movie since they first started talking about it!

as for an adult themed potter show....i would think it would be a no brainer for HBO to pick it up and do a show called "MINISTRY OF MAGIC" or "the DARK MARK" in which Auros run around and fight the dark arts!

:popcorn:popcorn:popcorn

I am super excited for this movie! Going over the book Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, you can actually kind of see some plot elements that the movie might integrate into itself. (Especially in the intro and the 'About the author' page.

I know it's a year away, but it certainly looks every bit of what I would expect from a movie set in a 1920's Wizarding World. It's looks wonderful, and the premise sounds really fun and full of potential! I can hardly wait!

Last edited by a moderator:

Fantastic Beasts trailer!

What would make me very happy: a TV series about the marauders at Hogwarts... James, Sirius, Remus, Peter and their exploits.

yayyyy.. cant wait for another year :) the poster looks great!

CWQh2bJUsAAcjSS.jpg

This is exciting. As much as I like the original series, I feel that JK really overlooked the potential of the overlap between the wizard & muggle worlds.
We saw the Sirius household literally in the middle of a muggle housing block, wizards walking to work every day across london, muggle born wizards & witches, etc. But never any real understanding of muggles, or interaction with them. For all the hate speech by Voldemort, muggles only seemed to experience some bad weather and one bridge collapse during the whole war.

haha I thought I might get a bit of a kick when they used the theme but my god I jolted like a child! Awesome

with that latest trailer, my excitement for this movie is in full gear, and i'm now wanting to put together a Newt Scamander cosplay. from what i can tell, the pants and vest look like they're made of a tweed material, not 100% sure about the coat. anyone have any ideas on where we could find some of the older-era clothes he wears?

danggg the trailer looks really good!
i can't wait for this movie and all the props to make!
:cool

I loved the trailer and the tie-in music and mention of Dumbledore really pulled on my heart-strings! I LOVE continuity in these types of films.

I'm really drawn to the little Niffler they showed, and thinking of making one. I'm also considering Newt's suitcase for a great prop replica project!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back