WWII Bucky Barnes Cosplay help??

sgtbarnes

Basically, I did Bucky as the Winter Soldier for Glasgow Comic Con this year, and I hope to do Bucky from Captain America: The First Avenger next year (planning well in advance because last time I ended up with only two weeks to get the whole outfit together, metal arm and all) and I can't figure out where to get the jacket, I'm a pretty small person as well, my winter soldier jacket was a men's extra small and it's way too big, does anyone know anywhere to get one or any way to make one? Also, I'm struggling with hair, my own hair is cut pretty short, and I'm probably willing to cut it shorter for this if needs be so I could style it alright, but right now it's orange and black and before that it was green and black, it's naturally brown so I could, in theory just leave it undyed that month but does anyone know any way to make it brown temporarily?

Bucky's WW2 jacket looks like a Cap Ultimates WW2 Jacket just darker blue, no star, buttom tabs on the front and a fold down collar.

I made a pattern for my jacket but you might be able to beef up a "cowboy" shirt pattern.

thanks, i'll keep that in mind if i get money :)

- - - Updated - - -

i'm fairly inexperienced in terms of sewing and stuff so i probably couldn't alter a pettern myself, is there any way you could upload the pattern you used somewhere?

The closest thing you can buy to the uniform is probably a navy blue peacoat. Wool was big back then, and peacoats were part of most military uniforms so it will look a bit more era appropriate than the one in the film. On the downside, peacoats are thick and tend to be harder to work with.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back