Scaramangas Golden Gun - built with vintage parts

Andymac84

Sr Member
Current state of my all vintage parts Golden Gun:
I personally love the combined look of shiny gold and 'used' vintage.

Older post:
Currently I'm working out finding some close enough parts for Scaramangas Golden Gun.
The Original part of the lighter was a:
Colibri molectric 88
A close enough find was a Dupont lighter
The pen was a:
French Waterman Fountain pen
No close enough finds yet, obviously many golden vintage pens should be out there.
The grip section was a cigarette case as fairly known.
Some close enoughs would be from Marathon.
Any more suggestions? Facts?

Last edited:
Re: Close enough parts for Scaramangas Golden Gun

In the meanwhile I was collecting some more 'accurate' parts for another one. All parts are Colibri so far. All made in the 70's. It's not the correct lighter, but a cheap pick up at a low cost. The case/handle otherwise is close to the real one. Not a 100% match but it'll do the job. :thumbsup

Re: Close enough parts for Scaramangas Golden Gun

Some more finds, a set of golden Waterman fountain pens. Not accurate, but they'll do the job and have the rare shaped endcap:

Current state of my vintage parts GG consists of only Colibri and Waterman compartments.
Updated pics on post #1

Here are all the parts I've used. The handle is currently not a case, but I'm working on it in finding a good matching one.

Last edited:
You found a Le Mans 21, seems it's the correct version for the first gun on you thread.
I would think someting like this, the first gun with two spare lighters as a rough prop, and the second gun, with unfindable long lighter version as a second prop, because the long lighter seems unique and made on production request, as the pen, definitely not a real waterman pen as on the first prop.
After some searches seems it would exist about 5 different guns or so.
The replica looks quite wrong, it's a shame.
I will watch your searches, because I think it would be funny to build one too.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back