Marty McFly Safari Shirt - Back to the Future

I made a side by side comparison just now, and the Asos shirt looks a bit better in my opinion ^^ (I found that picture of the shah safari on google, I hope it's okay that I used it)

(click on open link in a new tab)

15458_1.jpg

Last edited:
I made a side by side comparison just now, and the Asos shirt looks a bit better in my opinion ^^ (I found that picture of the shah safari on google, I hope it's okay that I used it)

http://s3.postimg.org/qm27es5j7/15458_1.jpg

There is a seller on ebay that sells replicas for around $60. You could ask them to make one for you. largemouthindustries. They don't have a shirt up for sale right now, but another member contacted them and they made a shirt for him. The only things bad about them is that there is 1 less hash line and the pieces aren't sewn to have the squares line up. You might be able to request that they pay more attention to that.

There is a seller on ebay that sells replicas for around $60. You could ask them to make one for you. largemouthindustries. They don't have a shirt up for sale right now, but another member contacted them and they made a shirt for him. The only things bad about them is that there is 1 less hash line and the pieces aren't sewn to have the squares line up. You might be able to request that they pay more attention to that.

That Asos shirt, only cost me £20, it won't cost much for someone to size up the sleeves and make pockets out of the sleeve fabric, I'm sure I can get something decent.

Does this member have a picture of his shirt?

That Asos shirt, only cost me £20, it won't cost much for someone to size up the sleeves and make pockets out of the sleeve fabric, I'm sure I can get something decent.

Does this member have a picture of his shirt?

I've actually gotten the shirt. It's very well made and looks spot on to the movie. Another thing to note is that the buttons are different as well, but are a very small detail no one would notice.
$_57.JPG

I thought I posted my message, but it doesnt appear so I am re-doing it.. here is a picture of me from 1986 wearing the original Shah Safari shirt that I bought in 1985. The color of the ink is a much lighter shade than the remake shirts are, and actually I really think it was dark grey. As you can see, my shirt was also the long-sleeved version. I bought it around Thanksgiving time in 1985 so long-sleeve shirts were selling at that time of year.View attachment 493927

This is probably the first piece of concrete evidence I've seen that a similar shirt was commercially available. I read your story about losing it to the dry cleaner, which is definitely unfortunate, but at least this is a tiny step closer to solving the mystery. It started out just like this with the jacket and down vest too. Thanks for the pics! If you're ever able to get super high-res scans of them that might be helpful too.

Still find the pattern slightly better on the Asos one, how much was it if you don't mind me asking?

It was $60 plus shipping. Does the Asos shirt have hash lines? And you would have to end up buying two shirts if you want to make pockets for it. Plus hemming the arms to be shorter.

It was $60 plus shipping. Does the Asos shirt have hash lines? And you would have to end up buying two shirts if you want to make pockets for it. Plus hemming the arms to be shorter.

I am not sure about the lines, will have to wait and receive it, but I think they might be horizontal. It's not obvious from far I suppose. I like the woman cut too, it's not easy to fit breasts in a man shirt x) Anyway, I'll just wait to receive it, and let you know ^^

This is probably the first piece of concrete evidence I've seen that a similar shirt was commercially available. I read your story about losing it to the dry cleaner, which is definitely unfortunate, but at least this is a tiny step closer to solving the mystery. It started out just like this with the jacket and down vest too. Thanks for the pics! If you're ever able to get super high-res scans of them that might be helpful too.

Thanks for the picture and the story backing up what is already widely known. Shah Safari. The mystery has been solved for quite some time.

(click on open link in a new tab)

View attachment 496656

The shirt on the left is the Shah Safari release from 2010. That was done without using the shirts from the archives and was not correct. The middle shirt is the one that was sold by Screen Used auctions that must be accurate because no one EVER questions those people. That shirt is the same as the Shah Safari 2015 30th anniversary release available now.

I heard about the re issue but never seen one, where can we buy?

Also. I think people know the pictures I have been using for comparison thanks, it just sounded a bit arrogant...

The announcement of the release was done in January on BTTF.com. It has been mentioned periodically by happy recipients many many times over the past 7 months. This is the avenue that was chosen by me and Shah Safari. It is the official fansite for the films and we felt that it would target the hardcore fans.

Feel free to share a picture of this 2015 release shirt with the correct print and the added seams on the front.

We have been reviewing the screen used shirt, other verified original shirts and we are reviewing screen stills. What seams on the front are you referring to?
How many do you think there should be?

I thought I am really slacking off when it comes to keeping up with the BTTF news. So I checked with Stephen Clark of BTTF.com (which is now www.Backtothefuture.com) about the January 2015 announcement of the shirt. He confirmed there were no shirt release announcements made on the site this year.

So I guess it was posted by BTTF Forum on the BTTF.com FB group and not on the actual site.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back