Awesome Hugh Jackman Wolverine by Jordu Schell

Robot

Hey gang, superstar sculptor Jordu just finished a commissioned piece for me for my store. He posted it today on his facebook page and I wanted to share it here. I'm very happy with it and can't wait to finish it as a super realistic life size piece of art.
IMG_3143.JPGIMG_3145.JPG

It looks really good but I can't help but see the top half of the face as Micheal Keaton and the the nose down, Hugh Jackman.

Now THAT's a sculpt!! Amazing work. You must be proud of that.
Yes, I like it very much. I'll post some progress pic's later when I have time. It looks so much better in person, often times a picture will somewhat distort it just enough to not look the same as in hand.

Yes, I like it very much. I'll post some progress pic's later when I have time. It looks so much better in person, often times a picture will somewhat distort it just enough to not look the same as in hand.

Very true, even sometimes angles can throw off the work. Again, great work.

Here is the initial sculpt before the snicker face is added, and the initial paint work. And after hair punching.
wolv1.gifwolv2.gifphoto 3 copy.JPGIMG_3123.JPG

Attachments

• photo 1(4).JPG
    photo 1(4).JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 354
On top of creating a super product, Jordu was a most gracious host. We (family and I ) flew out to LA from Florida and scooted around the city with him for 2 days. We hung out in his studio, talked shop, saw other projects, and most importantly went out to eat. I look forward to doing more projects with him.
jordu2.gif

Last edited:
This is really cool.

Are you planning a bust display or a full figure?

How'd you get the stogie to fit in the mouth?

This is really cool.

Are you planning a bust display or a full figure?

How'd you get the stogie to fit in the mouth?
It will be full sized. Jordu offered to come down to Florida and help me finish it (for free no less) so we can get it right. The cigar is simply held in with a bent paper clip.

When you get the store opened let us know! I'd happily stop by to check out this amazing piece. The sunshine state doesn't have too many other interesting things to do!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back