Ace Ventura's Monte Carlo

kruleworld

Ace Ventura: Pet Detective: Ventura's 72 Monte Carlo
I built this using AMT's 70 Monte Carlo in 1/25. see build thread here http://www.thepartsbox.com/BB/viewtopic.php?f=251&t=4687
It features a modified grille and front to make it a 72 model, rear window is smashed out in the movie, so i added 'bits of glass' on the rear parcel shelf, a few Ventura posters and a camera on the passenger seat. The figure is a Preiser and the whole model was weathered with lifecolor and tamiya acrylics.

i001266.jpg

Beautiful, I'm a huge fan of Monte Carlos so i love seeing any models of them lol. This one always brings back memories as we had a '71. Ace coulda hit an elephant with that car and it'd have kept going.

Haha, your movie car builds really crack me up, I bet nobody else had done this one before.

you'd think so, but i did find a pic of someone else's work. his was well made, but still a 70 year model (i took the extra step of fixing the front). I might have to give Ace some sunglasses...

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back