Evil Dead cardboard scratch built boomstick & chainsaw

Johnny Darko

hey all,
I have a week left until zombie crawl & decided to be a little different this year, gonna kick some undead butts...groovy!
so i've almost finished putting together 'Ash's' iconic weapons, but am in need of some paint effect hints & tips, more to the point 'wood & metal painting effects!' any help would be most appreciated, cheers!

Last edited:
Re: Evil Dead cardboard scratch built boomstick & chainsaw...paint effect tips needed

DSC_0062.jpgDSC_0064-2.jpgDSC_0063-2.jpg still have a few more details to finish on the chainsaw, but have acquired a bike chain to help with overall look & a Bluetooth speaker will sit where motor would be for sound effects..."come get some!"
DSC_0069-1.jpgDSC_0070-1.jpgDSC_0076-3.jpg

Re: Evil Dead cardboard scratch built boomstick & chainsaw...paint effect tips needed

well i completed the shotgun today & am pretty pleased with the way looks, not too bad for a one night prop, now to get the chainsaw painted up!
DSC_0085.jpg DSC_0089-1.jpg DSC_0091-1.jpg DSC_0093-2.jpg DSC_0098.jpg

hey all,
almost completed the chainsaw, just the weathering, grime & plenty of blood stains! have a Bluetooth speaker to mount, then this mean beastie is ready for some undead carnage! hope you all like, let me know what you think, cheers!
DSC_0099.jpg DSC_0105.jpg DSC_0123-2.jpg DSC_0114.jpg DSC_0109-1.jpg DSC_0112.jpg DSC_0120.jpgDSC_0120.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back