Marvel Costumes

thorrokh

Hello!

First of all, I must say that I often followed posts of yours from this forum along the last few years and each time I get lost in the amazing work most of you do. It's impressive.

I always wanted to do my own first replica but never found time or knew where to start from. This, I guess, is one step further towards actually making one (I hope).

For now - I'd really love to start off with something simple (but which I love none the less). I had an idea of putting together a marvel/dc superhero costume for fun. Particularly the Marvel Black Panther looks like the most approachable one (with my ignorance). Any other suggestions are welcome - I'd love a gritty & dark superhero like the latest movie stint's approach to the costumes.

Few points & question to start off with:
1. The cheaper it turns out, the better. (obviously hehe)
2. I'm in Europe
3. Given the physique is nearly there I was looking at finding unbranded, matte compression/thermal wear or base layer clothes to use as the base. However there is no way I can get the material to "stick" to my body. What do you guys recommend for material? Is my idea bad? I would really love a "body-paint' effect or something close.
4. Mask would have to be bought I assume no way I can do a Black Panther (or any other mask) mask without it ending up comical/ childish! Right?

Well, at this point you might be able to tell where I am: Loads of ideas, loads of drive to do something but no concrete objectives.. help! :D

Thanks in advance to whoever finds time to get back to me.

P.S. Here's a kick-ass Black Panther:
marvelheroes_modelsheet_blackpanther_classic-07lm12.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back