Captain America: The First Avenger group

Malmeansbad

I wasn't as much into the Marvel cinematic universe at first, but my girlfriend managed to pull me in at last. Knowing I was a World War Two buff, she always said that she thought I would like Captain America. And it turns out she was right.

I know, I know, she's always right... :)

Anyway, when I saw the movie, I also got pretty excited, because as a re-enactor I saw a lot of the stuff that I already had. So the idea for a cosplay immediately began to surface.

Cap Helmet.jpg

The helmet was an easy question of painting one of the ones I had, and for the rest it was my paratrooper re-enactment webbing, pants and boots with a t-shirt and my Indiana Jones jacket over that.

The shield was made by Son-of-Jorel. Really grateful to him for that.

Cap Cosplay 1.jpg

Now we knew we had an event coming up in Belgium in a week's time, and when my girlfriend saw me, she was very excited and wanted to come along as Peggy Carter.
I modified one of my old jackets, tightened it up a little so it would fit her and added a few buttons to make it look more like the one she wears in the movie.

Cap Penny.jpg

Convinced a friend of ours to come along, and after I put him into one of my Magnoli suits, I even convinced him to let my girlfriend draw a moustache on his face using her eye pencil. Hey presto, Howard Stark.

Cap Cosplay 2.jpg

In the end, we made quite a good Captain America, the First Avenger group.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back