Scratch Build: ROTJ Concept Speederbike

The plate on the bottom all the way to the back sure looks like a part off of a Tamiya 312B. I'm thinking of a bulkhead part that looks quite a bit like it.

Scott yes that led me to the statement of it most likely being an old style F1 racer bulkhead. There's also a similar part in the old Tamiya Lotus. But both are not quite exactly correct.

Hmmm...maybe? 1/12 Tamiya Porsche 910 Carrera.

The basic shape seems to be there. Hopefully someone with the kit can check into it.

theory.JPG

Hey Scott. Billy at the SSM also made that suggestions earlier this week. I think you guys are correct. Although from my calculations and the part size it needs to be the 1/18 version of the Porsche. I've got the part coming from a friend so I can have it in hand to confirm before I get the kit.

I've turned my own attentions more towards the seat and that engine block underneath... not really successful so far...

Concept Speederbike_bottomplate.jpg

Part #10 the ribbed part always reminded me of the legs from the B9 robot from Lost In Space.I looked at some model kits a while back but could not find a match.

Dave

Had to look that up but i see where you're going. Don't think its correct (ration width and length of 'ribs'), but like the idea. Reminds me most of the things that are on the Cloud Car engine, but there is a seam line right down the middle of each rib that isn't on the Cloud Car's part.

So I'm back at this again. I used the schematics as a main source of ref, checking it with the photo ref (where possible) as I go along.

I am stuck t the moment and need to find some of the remaining larger pieces so move on. I really need the SEAT and the PLATE that's on the bottom, all the way to the back. I'm thinking the SEAT is 1/12 motorcycle but haven't been able to find the right one. The PLATE feels like a bulkhead from a plane or old style (race) car.

View attachment 721252

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and here is where I am with my build at the moment

View attachment 721253
Hi Marvin
I have been tinkering with this kitbashed speeder lately thanks to this and the older thread. I don't know if you still have this project around but I figured out the peddle assembly. Tamiya Flak 38-52 carriage, 88 flak motorcycle frame and 312t part. Perhaps it will help. Scott

Attachments

• IMG_0297.jpg
    IMG_0297.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0298.jpg
    IMG_0298.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 100
Hi Marvin
I have been tinkering with this kitbashed speeder lately thanks to this and the older thread. I don't know if you still have this project around but I figured out the peddle assembly. Tamiya Flak 38-52 carriage, 88 flak motorcycle frame and 312t part. Perhaps it will help. Scott
Hey Scott, you are absolutely correct. Here is where I am at the moment. Although not actively working on it.

IMG_5112.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back