Scratch Build: ROTJ Concept Speederbike

When you talked about paint brush handles i remembered some old plastic brushes looking like that.
Not sure for their size
They are Darice kid paint brushes. They are two kinds I'm thinking of... I'm at work and can not load images and I'm not sure I'm allowed to post Amazon links here.
And I've discovered yesterday that a blueprint based on this very model (even with the camo paint) is available on the recent blueprint book.

Last edited:
Ok good now if anybody who has that book could scan the plans that would be great. I don't know of anybody that actually got it...

OK! Thanks to Maxhebus and some cool googling, I found a (partial?) scan of the plans which indeed show the concept model drawn up and not the final filming model. I also bought the book to see if there is also a top and front/back view in there.

I added the enhanced scan to the second post of this thread. Let's get some more ID's going!

parts_06.jpg

Last edited:
I've got the big book, but the left orthographic and top orthographic views are split between the left and right-side pages. I'll try and run them on my scanner if they'll help. I tried to see the attachment from your previous post to compare to what I've got, but it wouldn't open. :/

Yes i see that. I'll try to fix that. Its the right side and bottom views. The top, front and back will be very helpful. Most of all the top to fugure out that body shape.

If you can arrange good scans of everything on the concept speeder that woul be extremely helpful! Thanks!

Yes i see that. I'll try to fix that. Its the right side and bottom views. The top, front and back will be very helpful. Most of all the top to fugure out that body shape.

If you can arrange good scans of everything on the concept speeder that woul be extremely helpful! Thanks!

Well, bad news and good news. I pulled out my scanner and discovered that my USB adapter for it is in two pieces :( Not a huge deal, but I'll have to run into town later and get one. So, good news is I should have scans for you before the day is out. I did also pull out my Canon and just took a couple of pictures so you can see the references I'm talking about... I think the first pic has the shots you are looking for, but I will include the second page as well when I scan:

...Needless to say, the scans will be clearer and more orthographic. :thumbsup

Yes those are great! If you can take a few scans I should be able to flatten en combine everything in photoshop.

The person who did the layout for that book should be shot. There's plenty room to cut that blueprint jn half and show half of it on one page and the other on the other page...

I've got the big book, but the left orthographic and top orthographic views are split between the left and right-side pages. I'll try and run them on my scanner if they'll help. I tried to see the attachment from your previous post to compare to what I've got, but it wouldn't open. :/
Is this the hardback making of return of the jedi

Thanks Laellee! The parts that are clear are REALLY crisp and offer a lot of detail. We got all parts so far right I think and I am already seeing things around the seat area! Thanks a lot!

Could I ask you to try again for the left, front en top views? Maybe scan the left page and right page separately (as far as possible)? I think we would get a bigger " clear" region.

Awesome, thanks for the help as well maxhebus. If marvin still needs stuff off of mine after he gets yours, I'll pull my stuff back out.:thumbsup

You guys are the best. Seriously.

There are like two pictures and a description of this concept model. So getting the scans of the plans just skyrockets our info to ne heights.

Thanks Maxhebus and Iaellee! I created a smaller version of the file and included in the second (Reference) post. I have another model coming and then I will need to rework some parts cause I see small differences from the new ref.

So I'm back at this again. I used the schematics as a main source of ref, checking it with the photo ref (where possible) as I go along.

I am stuck t the moment and need to find some of the remaining larger pieces so move on. I really need the SEAT and the PLATE that's on the bottom, all the way to the back. I'm thinking the SEAT is 1/12 motorcycle but haven't been able to find the right one. The PLATE feels like a bulkhead from a plane or old style (race) car.

Concept Speederbike_schematics.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and here is where I am with my build at the moment

ROTJ_Speederbike_Concept_29.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back