StarLord Tape Deck File for Halloween

IronFan

Hello all! I am new to the forum, but not new at making props and hero stuff.

I know Halloween is coming up and a lot of people are looking for that specific Sony Tape player to complete their Starlord costume. Just last night I made a pdf file, to scale, of that tape player and I wanted to share it with the community. It is PDF, but I don't know which file sharing site is good to be able to share this file here. Please let me know and I'll get the link set up.

Here are some pics of the tape deck. I plan to get the tape and label it and put it in the player to help make it more real.

image1-1 (2).jpgimage2 (2).jpgimage3 (2).jpg

That is pretty cool.

Neither of my Walkmans are accurate, so I might try this when you have the files available.

Just to make sure I got it, it's printed image bonded onto a styrofoam block?

Have you thought about making a tape image and layering it behind the door or will you carve out and put a real tape/MP3 player/etc in there?

If anyone wants this I am comfortable emailing the pdf. Just PM me and I'll send it. Maybe I can convert the pdf to a jpeg....hmm.

I cut some foam and put it inside to make it more solid. Then I labeled a real tape and put it inside, with some plastic for the little window. Makes it look more real.

IMG_3754 (2).jpg

- - - Updated - - -

That is pretty cool.

Neither of my Walkmans are accurate, so I might try this when you have the files available.

Just to make sure I got it, it's printed image bonded onto a styrofoam block?

Have you thought about making a tape image and layering it behind the door or will you carve out and put a real tape/MP3 player/etc in there?

I used a real tape. ;)

Ok. Give this a try. The file says the resolution is 5100x3300. 300 dpi. I can only assume that it will still print to scale as long as you use 11x17 paper/cardstock. Test it out and let us know.
sonytapeplayer.jpg

IronFan Thank you for making this avail. The scan we used is a lower quality but worked for Halloween. Until i can find an original TPS L2 this would suffice.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back