John Wick (Post-release)

Vivek

Master Member
JOHN WICK Movie Review An Action Classic Shot Right Into Your Face | Badass Digest

I've been reading lot of good buzz about John Wick past several weeks now, but hadn't gotten around to see the trailer. I just read this glowing review on BAD and decided to check the trailer. I can't wait to see the movie now. I recommend reading the review or at least read the opening few paragraphs. The movie opens tomorrow (October 24) across US theatres, while I have to wait until next month for its release.

John Wick (2014) - Official Trailer - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
Enjoyed this film much more than I thought going in. Loved the casting, and Keanu. Man, can't believe this guy is 50. Hoping I look that good at his age. Looking strong on RT, hoping to see a sequel.

Yeah, I'm thinking he's back!

I liked this movie quite a bit. The action sequences were very well choreographed, & the pacing was good.

Very fun movie!
I hope they make more!
With all the junk that comes out gives us more Wick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I liked this movie quite a bit. The action sequences were very well choreographed, & the pacing was good.

Agreed. It had a good 90s action flick feel to it. I really enjoyed it. The girlfriend, not so much. I don't think she likes movies that are mostly violence and not a lot of story. lol

I fulfilled my promise from a few posts above and went to see this movie.

John Wick is the sleeper action film of the year. Not quite the standout film some people told me it would be, but far more satisfying than the horrid Expendables 3.

Loved the well shot action and absence of shaky cam. The muscle cars were a nice bonus as well.

I actually want to see this one and it is rare I ever actually pay attention to Hollywood action movies that I've seen a thousand times over. Also if there are any Pay Day 2 fans, John Wick is being added as a free playable DLC character complete with the weapons he uses in the film and his own skill tree.

I was surprised at how well done this movie is for its genre.

By the way, is the Russian bodyguard that has the long fight scene after the church the same guy that played the leading agent in Matrix Reloaded?

I loved this movie. I went in wanting to turn my brain off and just watch a movie. This one delivered in spades! To use a little hyperbole, this movie was a ballet of violence and a dance of destruction. It was awesome x10 and exactly what I was wanting.

My only real complaint, as a Russian translator, I found myself cringing every time someone spoke Russian. Sadly, Keanu's Russian was the best of them all.

Wes

Just finished watching it... not horrible.

Some pretty cool action. I kept thinking "I wonder who would win: John Wick or John Lee (Chow Yun-Fat from Replacement Killers).

I'm not sure the motivation to go through all of that for a dog and a car necessarily made any sense, but whatever.

I love action movies but this film seemed more like a parody of the action genre, it's so over the top....and the ridiculous catalyst to get the mayhem going *smh*

By the way, is the Russian bodyguard that has the long fight scene after the church the same guy that played the leading agent in Matrix Reloaded?

Saw this last night and loved it. Wished Wick had used a HK416 instead of the Coharie Arms clone, since he used the HK P30L as his primary sidearms.

Oh, and yes, the Russian bodyguard and the agent in The Matrix Reloaded is played by the same guy, Daniel Bernhardt.

This movie is damn good! I thought the whole "theres a backstory to this but theres kinda not" hype to it was fun, making me think that it was supposed to be a sequel to, well, nothing, and still told an ok story lol. the action was fun, just some cool movie to see someone kickin serious aas was a good time.

Keanu is actually putting some sorta emotion into a character, it had me like

Last edited by a moderator:
For as much as a legend he was he sure got his ***** kicked around more than his reputation should have allowed him.
But... he did say he was rusty.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back