Riverdale (Archie TV Series)

Vivek

Master Member
Berlanti Set to Produce Archie Comics Drama 'Riverdale' for Fox - Comic Book Resources
Since I was a kid I always wanted to see a live action movie or TV series based on Archie comics. I am aware of the 60s animated series and that awful TV movie where the Archie gang is all grown up.

I am not liking that this series is geared as a drama, it should be a comedy. Hopefully it does maintain the balance of humor amongst the teen drama.

Last edited:
Anything done with Archie needs to be a period piece--late 50s maybe early 60s. That's really the only place that Archie stuff works. I still have tons of Archie comics and still read them occasionally. Once it got to the mid 70s it all sucked.

all i needed to see was a preview. more CW train wreck drivel. aimed at the teen audience who doesn't even know what archie is, but knows what 90210 sure is..

sigh...

No... I Thought the same KP... I'm not saying I like it by a long shot!

But it is pretty odd and different at least.

My girlfriend was watching the first episode and I was halfway paying attention... Started recognizing the names and when "jughead" showed up with the hat I was really confused!

It's like gritty murder with a lil 90210... But not really.

Definitely odd. Not what I expected from the comercials...

I stumbled on this last night. "Riverdale?" I thought. I checked the show's description, and the light bulb came on... The Archies! I watched for a few moments, but I couldn't tell which one was Betty, or Veronica, or even Archie for that matter. Complete fail. Maybe it worked for Teen Wolf (which I also don't watch), but I just don't see this happening.

Hopefully it can turn around. I managed to get a really sweet model making gig out of this. I built the architectural town model that appears in episode 4.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back