Captain Cold - CW The Flash

lukester

Starting this thread in anticipation of next weeks episode on The Flash. "Going Rogue". Which will feature Leonard Snart.

I'll update this thread after the episode airs with more pictures but for now this is all we have.

FLA104b_0108b.jpgFLA104b_0072b.jpgFLA104b_0263b.jpgFLA104b_0283b.jpgFLA104b_0323b.jpgFLA104b_BTS_0430b.jpg

The "costume" is pretty basic. It's mostly street clothes, a Heavy Parka with a jacket collar and a hood lined with some faux fur.

If anyone can identify the Parka worn by Captain cold, or perhaps the goggles he's wearing. That would be a great start.

Here's a few quick screenshots I grabbed. I'll add high quality screen caps once they are available.

coldgun3.JPGcoldgun4.JPGcaptaincold2.JPG captaincold3.JPGcaptaincold.JPGcoldgun5.JPG

parka.png coldguncase.JPGcoldgun.JPGcoldgun2.JPG

Edit: Updated with more reference photos from the episode.

Last edited:
The parka is very likely this one: http://www.canada-goose.com/banff-parka-4074M.html#start=1
Hard to tell which color exactly.

More difficult is the goggles but these seem a close match: http://www.bobster.com/riding/goggles/piston-goggle-black-frame-smoked-lens.aspx

Honestly I think you've nailed the Parka. I can't find anything that looks as close as the Canada Goose Banff Parka.

It has the right collar, the correct buttons and pockets and from what I can see in the pictures the hood looks accurate also. Great find!

Damn shame its such an expensive item. I live in Texas, so its not very practical to have a huge expensive winter coat like that. I'll have to settle for something similiar unless I can find someone selling a used one, or at a discounted price.

The goggles also look pretty close. The trick is going to be finding a pair with a blue tint. From what I can tell the blue tint isn't very common or practical for riding goggles.

I'm already looking into how to go about recreating the Cold gun. I don't have experience with prop guns, but I'm willing to bet I can learn. I've already found a few nerf guns that look promising.

I don't think the Bobster goggles are correct. After seeing the episode, it was obvious the the strap attachment points on the sides had more detail, kind of like 2 bulges. They might be safety goggles.

In episode 23, there is a shot that shows a close-up of the side of his face. From that, I think the goggles are correct, but with blue tinted lenses and extra bits added on the sides.1.PNG

Personally I think these are closer, other than not having the blue lenses. It's from Bud-K and both Arrow and the Flash have used items from Bud-K as props, such as Slade's island swords and Huntress' s crossbow.
uploadfromtaptalk1432203082157.jpg

I'm trying to track down a shirt. I've seen those before. The ones with the pads on the shoulders. Does anybody know that that style is called?

I know this is getting to be an older thread (meaning no one has replied or commented in a while), but I've started to want to do this cosplay. I have just about everything sourced and planned out, but I had a question. The collector's figure for Captain Cold from the show (the DC Collectibles $25ish one) is based off of Snart's first full appearance as Captain Cold, fur-hooded parka and all. But it has something on the belt that I've never noticed on the show. Anyone know what the hell this is supposed to be?

snowman_whats_this.png

Just bought the Pistons. Dremeled out some old sunglasses to see if it'd work. I traced the original Piston lens with a sharpie and cut/sand them. Worked perfectly. PSA: Don't try and take the foam off without heating!!! They're stuck on there in one piece. The rubber part between the frame and the foam is screwed in, and the only way to get to the screw is by removing the foam.

What color should I spray paint the goggles?

ALSO, DC put a blueprint kind of mock up online in anticipation of their Cold Gun replica!
http://www.dccomics.com/sites/default/files/imce/2015/10-OCT/Captain_Cold_Blueprint_FINAL_v2.pdf
Captain-Cold-Gun-Replica-001.jpg

EDIT: Also, last episode had a good shot of the goggles
http://imgur.com/EO1MnIq

These or something very close to theem with some mods

Goggles http://retrobikegear.com/bobster-piston-goggles-smoked/
Sweater http://www.galaxyarmynavy.com/item-6...#axzz3z9FfCJfv
Jacket http://www.canada-goose.com/us/en/ba...rka-4074M.html

What I really need to find are the boots, pants and gloves.

Closest I could come to the gloves so far are these http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Riding-hiking-gloves-tactical-gloves-seal-swat-combat-police-army-gloves-hiking-gloves-special-force-hunting/804566338.html?spm=2114.40010308.4.25.KYVDt5&af=85386&dp=6378_1454900208_78f48472410b947505302f590a067672

And the pants I think are biker jeans or some kind of police tactical pants.

Captain_Cold_Wentworth_Miller-10.jpg

Captain_Cold_Wentworth_Miller-10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The goggles should be black or a very close to it. The bobster frames look to be the right color, just need the right color lenses.

I know this is getting to be an older thread (meaning no one has replied or commented in a while), but I've started to want to do this cosplay. I have just about everything sourced and planned out, but I had a question. The collector's figure for Captain Cold from the show (the DC Collectibles $25ish one) is based off of Snart's first full appearance as Captain Cold, fur-hooded parka and all. But it has something on the belt that I've never noticed on the show. Anyone know what the hell this is supposed to be?

View attachment 584195
I believe I read that it's supposed to be the recharge battery pack or something to that effect. It's just something they put on the figure because I've checked every picture and there's nothing like that on him.

Didn't wanna pay that much for the Parka so I opted for a Buffalo by David Bitton Jethroks in Whale
The fur part detaches via zipper so I can safety pin a piece of faux fur to look as glorious as it is in the show.
Pockets need modifying. It's a good almost jacket for the price. I got the last Medium on sale for $75. With some mods it can look close to the real thing.

EDIT: Can't find blue lenses, I think I'm gonna get some clear lenses and dye them. But dremel works fine on any random sunglasses. (I know they're not mirror, but it looks cool)

It's funny how when I watch Legends the first thing I notice is cosplay data. Last episode had a good shot at the goggles without the photoshop filters. I'll take screenshots later. There's a chrome finish on the sides, and what looks like a midnight blue around the lenses. I'll have to look again.

EDIT AGAIN: Btw, any idea what jacket he has in Legends? Military-ish with Epaulettes. Also, I took the PDF of the Cold Gun and deleted all the extra bits. I'm gonna attempt to make it out of foam.

Attachments

• Captain_Cold_Blueprint_FINAL_v2-1.png
    Captain_Cold_Blueprint_FINAL_v2-1.png
    85.2 KB · Views: 535
  • IMG_20160205_193541(1).jpg
    IMG_20160205_193541(1).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 415
Last edited:
Didn't wanna pay that much for the Parka so I opted for a Buffalo by David Bitton Jethroks in Whale
The fur part detaches via zipper so I can safety pin a piece of faux fur to look as glorious as it is in the show.
Pockets need modifying. It's a good almost jacket for the price. I got the last Medium on sale for $75. With some mods it can look close to the real thing.

EDIT: Can't find blue lenses, I think I'm gonna get some clear lenses and dye them. But dremel works fine on any random sunglasses. (I know they're not mirror, but it looks cool)

It's funny how when I watch Legends the first thing I notice is cosplay data. Last episode had a good shot at the goggles without the photoshop filters. I'll take screenshots later. There's a chrome finish on the sides, and what looks like a midnight blue around the lenses. I'll have to look again.

EDIT AGAIN: Btw, any idea what jacket he has in Legends? Military-ish with Epaulettes. Also, I took the PDF of the Cold Gun and deleted all the extra bits. I'm gonna attempt to make it out of foam.

I think it's just an 80's black denim jacket or something to that effect. I remember having a similar one when I was a kid.

I know it's a bit hard to tell.. but they DO look to be Bobster goggles.
You can see the logo on the side.
My black frame, clear lens Pistons I got around September 2015 don't have the same exact writing though.
and I asked the company at the same time and they didn't have any blue lenses for it.

logo.jpg
bobster.jpg

Last edited:
Just have to finish the paint on my nerf cyclone gun that I've added some foam board to and my cosplay will be complete. I'm going to pass on adding the extra bits to the side of the goggles because right now I don't have the right materials to copy them. I'll post some pics of the gun and outfit soon.

Looking through all the episodes on bluray and taking screenshots. I think these are the best for details on the gloves. Still can't identify them. Thought maybe they'd be Rothco. The commando sweater looks to be theirs and he has worn Rothco gloves on Prison Break, I believe.

vlcsnap-2016-03-15-10h03m19s156.pngvlcsnap-2016-03-15-11h04m47s740.pngvlcsnap-2016-03-15-08h26m57s680.pngvlcsnap-2016-03-15-09h26m30s495.pngvlcsnap-2016-03-15-10h00m05s408.pngvlcsnap-2016-03-15-10h06m27s025.png
x.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back