Question about Wolverine Cowl

Viceroy Phoenix

Not sure if I'm posting in the right section or if this is even worthy of a thread, but here goes -- feel free to direct me elsewhere as I don't want to clog up the forums.

I purchased at the end of June a Reevzfx Wolverine/Logan Cowl and thankfully it arrived in the mail just today and just in time for Halloween. I'm only having a significant issue in which I can't seem to fit it over my head. Was wondering if anyone else had this issue or if there's a certain 'trick' to getting one of these things on. I certainly don't want to tear it, I just don't know how far it can stretch. My hair sometimes gets in the way, and so I was thinking about purchasing an open faced balaclava of some sort to help it slip on.

Any tips? Should I just leave it to adjust to the room temperature and give it another go -- or am I to play victim to the woes of a mighty skull?

It's generally not a good sign if it initially doesn't fit. You could try some talcum powder in the mask before trying it on again.

You don't say what it's made of, but with any kind of silicone or urethane rubber mask, talcum powder is an absolute must for actually getting it onto your head. You will also need to reapply this every so often.

Thank you for the replies! And, I apologize, I should've mentioned it's made of polyurethane.

Fortunately, with a little struggle I managed to fit it on - guess it needed a bit of extra strength, but the talcum powder is something I'll look into.

Thanks for the help!

Fortunately, I managed to get the mask on finally, and it's not much of a problem anymore, so if anything this thread is "solved" and ready to be locked up and forgotten about. If I get my camera up and working in the next few I'll post a few pics - but it might be better suited to another thread or something.

Honestly, I love the cowl, but the guy he sculpted it on does not have any proportional features (eyes/nose space ratio) on his face which makes it extremely difficult for people like you and I to wear it. I have an incredibly hard time wearing it because the nose length is so tiny so I always find myself adjusting the cowl every 2 minutes.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back