Space Above and Beyond: Marine and Pilot

Heatshock

Sr Member
a big fan of this little 90s series
anyways - thanks to Dan and Rook over on sci fi heroes for resources and replicas, I have been slowly building and collecting parts for a build.

my replica of Paul"Joker" Wang's helmet is here - http://www.therpf.com/f9/show-off-saab-paul-joker-wang-flight-helmet-replica-208090/

completed ground pounder
HcO4Yhpl.jpg

with the correct hockey armour
uDx9ZQKl.jpg

screen used M590
R30DLAMl.jpg

I actually own a screen used set of flight armour from Ep1-3; but it really is small
xGpNeIAl.jpg

so I fd the original base motorcross armour
b4GFKoMl.jpg

and modded it to match the armour seen in the remainder of season 1

my replica
cdqcGLBl.jpg

completed with heroic pose!
Kd2zsktl.jpg

my replica costume of the SAAB pilot
WGtfA7Hl.jpg

gIjjBNdl.jpg

Last edited:
see there were more fans than just me!!! lol

recently re-watched it and it has stood up well to time!

thanks for feedback guys

Nate

Last edited:
Sweet! I've got one of the helmet kits (still unfinished). I was gonna get the rifle a long time ago, but that got delayed. The only place I could find the proper chest protector was from some motocross shop in the UK. And they had NO interest in shipping it to the states. (Really? I'll like pay you guys. With money. To purchase it. And to ship it. Isn't that what stores wanna do? Sell stuff? Ridiculous.)

Very cool that you've got both uniforms, though! And the flight helmet looks great, too!

well.... if you are still wanting one....

they were getting quite rare a while ago
then they only started selling kids sizes

let me know mate - I think I may have a spare set some where!

Nate

Very nice. I really liked this show, so there are more of us around. The SAAB pilot gear has been on my to do list for quite some time. I'm still looking for the motocross armor myself. I plan on doing a helmet conversion using a motorcycle helmet I have as a base. I think it will work well, however this is a ways down my list right now with too many other projects ahead of it.
Romer.jpg

I thought I was the only person left in the UK who cared for this show and had a kit. I've mostly completed a pilot's rig (using generic British markings based on the one "Brit" walking past in the background in one scene). Suit was easy, armour turned up locally on Freecycle and I had a helmet made for me. One day I'll find a couple of like-minded types to meet up with and intimidate the 501st!

You are not alone Diver71, there are a few SAAB fans in the UK.

I know of at least 5 more people, yep you heard me, a whole 5 !

I have a small SAAB site, I am currently working on updating the pictures.

Take a look: www.spaceaab.co.uk

just realised I have updated some of my old builds after the photobucket fiasco - piccies updated now :D

yes alchemy arms int he US are whom you seek :D

Nate

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back