Blaster Scope Bolts & Screws

AntiqueOutings

Does anyone know where these bolts/screws originally came from? Were they from a camera bracket or something.

34.jpg

Hmm... a little bit much rust on that blaster. Whose is it?

The thumb nuts could be from the scope bracket used with the upper receiver in The Naked Runner, or they could also be off-the-shelf from a hardware store.
The crossbar was most likely custom made to fit this particular gun. I am sure that several theories must have been posted in The Long Thread.

I am not sure on the blaster, it was posted on the forums here. I just copied the link.

Thanks for the thumb nut reference. I didn't know what to call them.

if the thumb nuts are off the shelf, I would love to where to get the ones used. I haven't ready anything thus far that says what people think the original ones were from.

These look pretty close. Anyone know what the measurements are?

Thumb_Nut_MMC-9009-001.jpg

Here is a flash mount (Hotshoe with dual thumb nut)
31LnIBNk59L.jpg

Last edited:
Other people have thought the same thing. The DEC kit uses 1/4"-20 thread on its nuts and rods, which is the camera mount standard. It is also a UNC standard and a BSW standard.

I have measured the outer diameter of the thumb nuts to 3/4" in images. There is indeed a sharp step on the inside, and the diameter of the inside step is 1/2". (seen in an image from the Star Wars Chronicles where the blaster is photographed from the top/ahead).
As I have measured in images, and there is always some perspective in them as well as raster when they were printed and some skew when they were scanned, so I can not be more precise than that.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back