Dutch comiccon end of march

I think, I will try to get to the con... After 2 actors from BTTF and the Delorean are confirmed, I would regret it to stay home and miss the chance...

It's the very first time DCC is organized, so I'm guessing they're having some start-up troubles. Probably the kinks will be worked out by the time it's being organized for the third time or something. So it'll probably be a bit low-level, but that's okay in my opinion. I'm hoping it'll have it's charm being a first-time event.

I really hope the Con becomes a success,despite its hiccups,so that we may lit yet another fandom-beacon in Europe where people who can't go abroad can get their fill closer to home.

Ever since I contacted some weeks ago, as I mentioned back then, I have not heard anything at all ... that is poor communication to say the least and even lack and disrespect towards those who are willing to make it a true success since it's the very first time ... that said I'll be at a comic con or De Stripdagen in Gorinchen next weekend being part of the organisation and I'll bring a Darth 'Ugly' Vader to join me ;) ... I may still go to Dutch Comic Con for saterday ... but I don't expect an rpf booth by the looks of it ... thanks Krokohunter and stargatefan1988 for trying :)

Chaim

What other Comic Cons do we have nearby (e.g.Germany/Belgium)?
I only know of London Expo to be a great experience...

You got Facts in septembre instead of octobre this year and in may Fedcon in germany

Facts THE Rpf Will be there for certain
Fedcon me and kroko and Some other people are going but no Rpf table i think ;)
In april there is Antwerp convention 1 day con ( won't be there have to work unfortunatly ( i was going to StarWars celebration )

What other Comic Cons do we have nearby (e.g.Germany/Belgium)?
I only know of London Expo to be a great experience...

Not much... The last years there were the Movie Days and the Hollywood Event... But I think it was always a financial loss for the organizers, so they quit.

Same for the Hollywood Event. But there is the Weekend of Horrors, more for fans of the Horror Genre, but it is close to a Comic Con...

It would be a shame to have no RPF stand at DCC, but totally understandable. Communication has been poor indeed, but we've been promised a 6 meter long stand alongside a French Ecto-1 and Mr. Ernie Hudson himself.

I would be willing travel to a neighbouring country to meet up with RPF members,but the event itself had better be worth it.I'll keep an eye on the internet...

Thank you for the link and the suggestion,Chaim.I should have stated my preference though,which is Marvel,Dragonball (Z) and Transformers.

Ok it's official - I'm dropping the event!
It's not that I don't want to participate, but the very, very, very poor communication from the organisers, has made it impossible to plan ahead, and I've just spend a big amount of money on donorkits, so have to prioritise.

I truly hope the event will be a success, and that I can attend next year .... But this year is a no go for me.

My last contact is no longer part of the organiserteam, but I think we still have a table .. So if you guys still wanna go, feel free to do so :)

If someone els want to take over for this year please do
I think rundown is still going so if needed i can have my RPF banner brought with HIM but i am out aswell i never heard of Anyone of THE convention after THE Person at Facts asked me to come

Last edited:
That's a shame ... but with this kind of lack of communication I can totally understand ... I already knew that the organisation is still in it's infants stage ... communication is key when it comes to organising an event of this magnitude. I still might be going on saterday :unsure

Chaim

Yeah that might actually get their attention we've been looking for all this time ... :wacko ... I just heard from another vendor 'A Space Oddity' that relationship issues with a black-out of certain main websites of the organiser have arisen. Still a PR person should have been appointed to keep the communication going. Another main comic books seller told me that if he did not receive a confirmation email for his floorspace he'd consider staying away as well.

It seems the organisers of DCC have overestimated the amount of work involved in organising a main event such as a Comic Con.

Chaim

I have to say, I agree that communication is really, really poor. I sent several e-mails asking various questions, and never got an answer... By the looks of it, I should even be signed up for the cosplay contest in both solo and groups on the Saturday, because they never gave me a straight answer about changing my registration...... I really want to give them a chance because we need more great cons in the Netherlands, but it's annoying.

Anyway, if anyone is still going, I'll be there as Élise from Assassin's Creed Unity on Saturday, and Pirate Harley Quinn on Sunday! Come and say hello! :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back