Captain america shied

johnny5676

So i am in the research part of a cap costume, and a have been seing numorus sgield made by cattoys, does anyone have info on these guys?

I bought the plastic/air soft shield by cattoys and I love it, it's solid heavey duty and has a great paint job I bought mine on ebay Shipped from China got here in like 5 days. It's a great alternative to dropping 500 plus on the aluminum one and it's not like your going to use it to save the world lol. It's 100+ times better then the one that is sold in costume shops. Hope the review helps.

Shield comes painted in the comicbook colors, it's made in a factory so they some close to perfect, I'm a huge comic book fan so I'd say it's acurate its a really good shield. I was just in ebay and some one in China is selling aluminum cat toys shields for like 90 bucks ships is a great deal. I'd jump on one if I was you I odered one like a month ago but they take a long time to ship over.

I'm seeing someone selling the Cat Toys aluminium version on etsy for around €100 including shipping. Surely this is too good to be true? :wacko

I have one aluminium shield from Cat toys. I love it. The back is wonderfull and the face is great except the star that is "paint" in metal color and not special part
When I buy it, I was surprise cause I don't find any good review. Maybe if I have the time... Or I will make a review include to the review I will make with my special shield flight case project.

How much did you pay for your shield? I'm tempted to buy one from Cat Toys because everyone has said it's very good other than the star, but this one I see is listed for less than €100 which seems too good to be true when many others sell for €500 or more.

I did pay "only" 400€ cause I was lucky to find a guy in France who already import it and who lived in a city next mine.
If 100€ is for real, you will make a big deal

Luke,

I was informed that the shield selling for $79.99 that ($100) with shipping is a scam. It was sold from Propshields (Lisa A. Blues). The accounts and item has been deleted from Etsy. I am sorry if you already purchased a shield, but your money is probably gone. I would contact etsy or paypal on opening a ticket if you ended up purchasing one.

Luke,

I was informed that the shield selling for $79.99 that ($100) with shipping is a scam. It was sold from Propshields (Lisa A. Blues). The accounts and item has been deleted from Etsy. I am sorry if you already purchased a shield, but your money is probably gone. I would contact etsy or paypal on opening a ticket if you ended up purchasing one.

Thankfully I didn't purchase it! I was waiting on a reply from the seller who has "mysteriously" disappeared today. Although another one has now popped up in it's place so I assume it's the same people re-selling the same scam. I guess it's saving up for one of the legit ones or buying a blank and doing my best haha

Luke,

The airsoft shield is great but the star and center ring is larger than the movie star. I was able to get one unpainted off of ebay and put movie style straps and brackets on the back.

http://www.therpf.com/f78/captain-america-airsoft-movie-style-shield-182358/

'Graymatter' bought a pre-painted, he redid the back and has a hanging buckle system.... So the shield is very good but I'd go with a seller that others have used in the past to avoid the scams.

http://www.therpf.com/f78/my-captain-america-winter-soldier-stealth-suit-wip-209630/index2.html

Also, Important Safety Tip, none of the airsoft plastic shields up for sale to date have finished backs and leather straps...if you see one... check the RPF and ask the seller lots of questions before you order.

Last edited:
Fly4v,

Thanks for the tips! I think I'm going to purchase a blank spun shield from either SmittyTut or NorthEastMetalSpinners as they're the best blanks (that I've been able to find anyway) I just can't afford the £400+ for a finished one or the expensive (but oh so beautiful) brackets the likes of Valor sell, so this will most likely end up being hung on a wall or stand. I might commission Valor for a star though, the one from SmittyTut seems a bit small for the inner ring circumference and the NorthEastMetalSpinners star isn't etched or curved. Either way, I have a nice project to get on :behave

Yeah it seems to be $100 for a blank spun shield, I'm still waiting on the shipping. However the NEMS group I mentioned above is UK based and charge £90 for the shield :)

Rolando (PM me for an email) is still making blanks as well. He's the original metal spinner and his work is TOP NOTCH.

Looks like a scam. That image is from another seller who is charging $1,000 for that shield. Etsy is getting pretty sleepy :(

ya, as i noticed that i have sent a mail to the seller and ask if that shiel is exactly that one on the pics....no response^^

i think i will geht the other one, from aliexpress....looks god to but the star is not so movie acursate as the "scam-shield":
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-replica-captain-america-shield-1-1-life-size/1894285800.html

i have no other chance to get a captain america shield on my wall, because i'm absolutly terrible in diy things.....

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back