1970's LAND OF THE LOST 'The Library of Skulls' SLEESTAK SKULL prop replica

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the RPF. Thanks for your excellent introduction and for posting the work you've done. You're obviously well organized and take pride in your work and presentation. I'll be checking out your FB page for sure!

You should do well as quite a few members in the past were looking for Sleestak replicas.

Welcome aboard

Your exactly right Apollo!
The last thing I want to do is violate the forum rules of such a respected community. I just subscribed to a Premium Membership (yay! :D ) but I understand that in order to list in the Project Runs forum of the Classified section, I must meet the required 50 posts. Since this is a project run and not a "ready to ship' item, I must wait. Once I have met the 50 post requirement, I will most definetly be posting a thread making the Sleestak Skull available for sale on RPF.

I like the skull quite a bit, but I gotta say I'm not a fan of the Richter scale looking cracks. Are those (cracks) present in the sculpt or did you just draw those on? If drawn on, it's an easy fix. A little texture in that finish would go a loooong way. Like I said. The sculpt itself is cool. :thumbsup

Great Job - I love Land of the Lost - Sometimes at work just for the hell of it I will sing the whole theme song - People at work think I'm carzy!

If you do offer these for sale I would offer them with and without the cracks - just my two cents

So cool to see something from Land of the Lost !
After looking at the pics and the work you did (which I like very much) I really want to go find the series on DVD :)

Also some of the cracks look like they have depth and others look painted on ? Is it a mix of both or am I just seeing it wrong ?

Good Stuff!

I have all the seasons on DVD. Love the series. If you look closely, there is a lot of comparison between Land of the Lost and LOST the TV series.

The shape of the skull cast looks spot on, but the paint job is so clean it looks like my ceramic coffee cup. I bet you would get more interest if you made an aged version that more closely matches your reference in coloration and glossiness . At least to show the potential for those that want to paint their own. I think the black lines are fine and a good match to the original. It is excellent work overall. I can't wait to see the mask version.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back