Were there any toys actually released for the Original 80's V tv series?.

familyman

Sr Member
I just started watching the original V tv series, and was wondering were there any toys actually released for it. I had some of the annuals when i was a kid but always wanted one of the white fighter ships
. KG_CT_V_SHUTTLE_000-500x333.jpg

I just started watching the original V tv series, and was wondering were there any toys actually released for it. I had some of the annuals when i was a kid but always wanted one of the white fighter ships
. View attachment 390591

Unfortunately, no.. One scene showed some kids playing with Visitor action figures and boy did I want those figures..

2251668186_bec4e890f1_o.png2250871675_dfce1fa8ae_o.png2251669038_169d6b667e_o.png

LJN had plans for a V action figure line, but unfortunately they were never produced, due to the TV series failing to win over fans as the two original mini series had, and being cancelled as a result, production on the toy line quickly ceased..

LJN V.jpg

Prior to its cancellation, LJN managed to release a twelve inch Enemy Visitor doll.. Though initial sales in the 80's were poor at best, the doll stands as a cherished item to fans of the series..

V-12-Inch-Figure.jpg

But, had the series continued on, what might have been?? Well, to get that answer, one need only flip through the pages of the 1985 LJN catalog.. There you'll find a four page spread showing what plans were laid out for the line ...

A number of Veeks (V Geeks), even on The RPF, have made their own custom Figures and Shuttles, eg. Morris99.. Here is a few of the ones I had.. Had 21 figures, but wasn't happy with them, so will one day get around to getting a FULL set made..

01.JPG02.JPG05.JPG06.JPG37.JPG38.JPG41.JPG42.JPG

Hope this information helps.. If you ever need to know, or have from V, let me know, as I did even have my own V website and forums, so might know a thing or two.. :D

You can see the other Figures I had here:

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=126749&page=16&p=2898460&viewfull=1#post2898460

They were cool, but not to my liking, as I want more detail.. I have about 90 figures that I've made Cardbacks for, now just need the $$ to get them made, as I am having custom torso's etc made..

Attachments

• V Diana Prototype 02.jpg
    V Diana Prototype 02.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 2,855
Last edited:
It would be nice if the Reaction folks would put some out.

Would be nice.. Along with The Last Starfighter figures/ships.. LOL

I started reworking the backcard for the custom figures I'm going to get done.. Still a WiP, but here is an example of the artwork:

..V Back Cards.png

Also doing the back of the card too, which will show other figures from the Series, like the old Star Wrs/GI Joe figures.. It'll also have the cut out info sectin like the GI Joe's..

Last edited:
My friend back when V was popular actually had the 12" figure, he always had the best action figures, and we had it battle his large scale inspector gadget figure lol.

My friend back when V was popular actually had the 12" figure, he always had the best action figures, and we had it battle his large scale inspector gadget figure lol.

The one pictured above, is my personal one from when I was about 8yo..:) Had two, one to play with, the other to keep mint.. Have this V "Diana" Barbie too :lol:

dsc00835f.jpg

The Visitor toy ship seen in the show was actually the filming miniature. They did make a V LASER pistol/rifle, but it didn't get a wide distribution. It was later marketed as a Robotech toy.

David.

Everything became Robotech lol. Man i hate to admit this but I still need a copy of V:Final battle. I have the first miniseries and the entire tv series lol

I almost got my hands on one of the 13-inch figures, but I missed out on it.

It would be nice if the Reaction folks would put some out.

You never know. In one of the videos I've seen about their upcoming figures, they've said that they got a long list of ones they want to do, and have started a list of figures that others wanted from them. So, like I said, you never know.

Not sure if anyone is still interested in this thread but here's a couple of Toys from my collection, both from Argentina, and unlicensed, a water bottle and toy skyfighter, the skyfighter comes with 3 landing legs with small black wheels on (!) that you fix on yourself, the water bottle comes with stickers for the windows and hatch that you attach yourself, but generally given the age, these are not very sticky these days.

Attachments

• DSCF5042.JPG
    DSCF5042.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 542
  • DSCF5044.JPG
    DSCF5044.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 895
plus there's this, printed in the Spanish "Tele indiscrete" t.v. guide back in the day, a paper/card laser pistol to make yourself, you pushed it out then glued the tabs to each other.

Attachments

• DSCF5050.JPG
    DSCF5050.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 827
  • DSCF5051.JPG
    DSCF5051.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 432
  • DSCF5055.JPG
    DSCF5055.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 735
  • DSCF5056.JPG
    DSCF5056.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 646
  • DSCF5056 (2).JPG
    DSCF5056 (2).JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 281
Couple more toys, firstly the Arco pistol, with another pistol to compare size/detailing

Attachments

• DSCF5164.JPG
    DSCF5164.JPG
    307.3 KB · Views: 1,004
  • DSCF5165.JPG
    DSCF5165.JPG
    256.1 KB · Views: 711
  • DSCF5166.JPG
    DSCF5166.JPG
    208.1 KB · Views: 686
  • 20150603_150319.jpg
    20150603_150319.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 236
And the Powertronic walkie talkies, these are really nice.

Attachments

• DSCF5162.JPG
    DSCF5162.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 491
  • DSCF5168.JPG
    DSCF5168.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 211
  • DSCF5169.JPG
    DSCF5169.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 527
  • DSCF5170.JPG
    DSCF5170.JPG
    604.6 KB · Views: 521
Nice to actually see some new merchandise from the show, would be great if they actually released some action figures in the style of the proposed, but unreleased L.J.N figures from back in the day, and the skyfighter too, as that looked amazing.

Sirian Visitor, I had one as well and I repainted it to match the color photos, added parts to make the Scope match the Series scope, rebuilt the shoulder stock to match the series stock and added in a working strobe light. I'd love to get another one, but the DARN thing is just as expensive as a full size rifle replica!!!!!! I also had the pistol and holster, again repainted and modified the holster. The stock, I modified to be longer to fit. I also followed the original helmet construction and started with a CHips style helmet as a base. I then built it up along with the visor to match.

BTW, I did my own "Shock Trooper" outfit and when queried about the smaller size of the weapons, I simply told Folks that it was a "Visitor paratrooper Carbine". Everyone bought it...LOL!!!!! Cheers!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back