Nosferatu model kit - Finished

MAKE BELIEVE

Master Member
And so it's time for another model
This 1:8 scale kit by Monarch is awesome and very easy to assemble. Besides it's very detailed

The model out of the box. Time to work:

N1.jpg N2.jpg N3.jpg N4.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Nosferatu model kit - WIP

The small "extras" are also now finished

As to the base, I decided not to use the plastic web that came with the kit. Instead I got a small Halloween cobweb

N1A.jpg N2A.jpg N3A.jpg N4A.jpg N5A.jpg N6A.jpg N7A.jpg N8A.jpg N9A.jpg

Nice job on this I like what you have completed so far. I really like kits like this where you sort of setup a character and scene. If I could make one minor suggestion and maybe weather the bones a bit or maybe you are going for a skull and bones that aren't real old. Nice work I will be looking forward to seeing more.

Mike

Thank you Mike for taking the time to hit the "comment" box and drop a few lines (it's nice to get a comment after more than 400 views...)
Thanks for your kind words. As to the suggestion, I aged the bones a bit but didn't want them too "brownish" (although I think they're supposed to look old). I'll try to make them older (or maybe they look lighter in the pic?)

Thanks

Thank you Mike for taking the time to hit the "comment" box and drop a few lines (it's nice to get a comment after more than 400 views...)

Sometimes I think a lot of people look and probably really admire the hard work that is put into these kits but maybe don't always comment I know sometimes I am guilty of that. On another thread my last couple of builds just out of box did not generate a lot of comments but I just keep pressing on. Maybe I will even start a thread on here with a couple of builds and if I don't get any comments oh well.. I am happy with my work and know how it goes.. Keep building!!!! :)

Anyways getting back to the kit here is a skull I did I guess it has brown and grey I cropped it but if I cut it out completely it would be all distorted. But hey to each his own artistic perspective. I like how you did the Nosferatu's face I think it looks really good this will look great when all together.

skull_zps7513a7ad.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Sometimes I think a lot of people look and probably really admire the hard work that is put into these kits but maybe don't always comment I know sometimes I am guilty of that. On another thread my last couple of builds just out of box did not generate a lot of comments but I just keep pressing on. Maybe I will even start a thread on here with a couple of builds and if I don't get any comments oh well.. I am happy with my work and know how it goes.. Keep building!!!! :)

I'm definitely guilty of this too, I view an awful lot but don't comment that often. I've also got a build thread going at the moment without many comments, but I'm treating it more as a log of my work really! Trust me, you're not just shouting into the void, we're listening. I've been following this since you started posting it.

On to this kit, I wouldn't even know where to start with a figure like this - Getting a convincing look for something organic and alive/undead is totally beyond me, so kudos! I love the nasty fingernails. On the bones, maybe a bit more dark wash in the eye sockets or a bit of grime might be cool.

Thanks guys for the nice words. Guess it would be ok to see it as a kind of a blog but it's also good to have comments / critics (like what you have said about the skull)

I've done a lot of kits and many get what I would consider a "normal" amount of comments but others have few or none (I did Darth Vader without helmet and got 2 or 3 and Cyclops that got none).

Mike, your pic is the invisible man kit, right? Nice work on the skull and bottles (one of the kits I have on my "wanna do" list. The next one will be the huntchback of notre dame)

Thanks again for your thoughts and ideas

Ace! Looks really good. I particularly like the underlit sepia tone photos :)

For a creature with such an obvious problem with dental hygiene and keeping his fingernails clean, he does a good job of keeping those boots polished doesn't he? Maybe he's got a servant for that.

Ace! Looks really good. I particularly like the underlit sepia tone photos :)

For a creature with such an obvious problem with dental hygiene and keeping his fingernails clean, he does a good job of keeping those boots polished doesn't he? Maybe he's got a servant for that.

Yeap. Ygor does a good job :lol

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back