Suicide Squad

I like it in a sense that it does what it needs to. Joker is one of the most insane villains and he delivers from this pic so far. An actual footage of how he plays it will ofc show alot more but so far im liking the new look. Better then just trying to copy whats been done already...

I like it in a sense that it does what it needs to. Joker is one of the most insane villains and he delivers from this pic so far. An actual footage of how he plays it will ofc show alot more but so far im liking the new look. Better then just trying to copy whats been done already...

I generally like tattoos--have quite a few of them myself. And I'm okay with a tatted up Joker. But the tattoos they went with definitely do not create the impression I think the film makers were hoping for. These all look like fresh new boy band flash art. I can't see the Joker being the needy type who needs to prove how "edgy" he is, but that's how this comes across. Poochie Joker.

But yes, his performance will make or break this, of course. I like Leto quite a bit. But man, this design is a lot to saddle a poor actor with. About as much subtlety as a brick to the face. Ledger was mysterious, Leto literally has his character traits written on his forehead. Eeesh.

I'm not against the idea of The Joker having tattoos - but the The Joker would never have these tattoos. He would get weird ****** or things making sick jokes. Like most people seem to feel, this just looks like someone trying way too hard to make the world think he's crazy. The metal teeth (if that's in fact what they are) I'm fine with - depending on the reasoning. If he got his real ones kicked out by Batman, then that stays in line with the character.

There is no doubt Suicide Squad is in the same universe as both MOS and BvS, there never has been. DC is starting there own cinematic universe, none of the movies slated to be release are stand alone. Jesse's Luthor is even supposed to make an appearance ...
We'll see in motion what he's like, the facial tattoos are a bit much, but the rest are not really important. Unless he runs around half naked all the time, but then the tattoos wouldn't be my first issue with that.
It's hard to see much in this pic, but I think, if you look well at his forehead, you can see something a bit darker that could be the tattoo.
135835PCNEX_Leto62WMC.jpg
Wait and see for more pics I say.

I don't really see the Joker - with his record and crimes - being locked up with the general prison populace and having enough contact with other inmates to get tatted up in prison.

I initially didn't realize it was merged. Most costume threads tend to discuss the costumes of the characters, but since this discussion was pertaining only to the look of the character, the threads were likely merged by our staff.

I think a separate Jared Leto Joker thread in the DC costume forum discussing just the current look and perhaps possible costume for the character is also acceptable. We will likely have the thread reinstated there in some time.

I hadn't seen the actual tweet until yesterday. It doesn't suggest that this is the actual appearance they are using in the film. This is a joke to rile up fans and make people bicker.

I saw a note today that it was just in celebration of 75 years of Joker. That won't necessarily be the look in the film, and by the looks of done set pictures he won't have tattoos (at least visible on his face)

This looks.....really dumb. I hope I'm proven wrong, but this just seems like more of DC flailing about aimlessly, trying to land a hit.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back