Suicide Squad

I thought the exact same thing! Ledger's Joker was the "real world" version... we don't need an even more "realistic" attempt at the Joker, all tatted up and gangsta. Go back to his roots and get a bit more comic looking. That cosplayer looks like he jumped right out of the cartoon, but in a very real way.

and that's what made the ledger version of the character absolutely boring to watch. at least to me. but this version of the joker looks like a reject from the Jersey Shore Show. I expect a shot where he falls off a bike drunk soon... ugh. no desire to see this movie at all. especially with that kid they have playing lex luthor in it. younger is not always better hollywood.

And what pains me to say it, I am a DC guy. but the only thing DC Chas gotten right in the live action department 100%, to me anyway, is the live action flash show. Arrow looks too dark and moody and depressing. Gotham has no batman in it and looks like just a cop show with super villains. Smallville was a teen soap opera with some superman elements thrown in. Supergirl looks to be about the same...but I'll at least see the pilot of it. The only live action movie I really enjoyed recently was Batman Begins and some of Dark Knight Rises. Superman Returns was about a depressed superman stalking lois lane. Man of steele was a boring slug fest with no heart or character setup that made you care what happened....

come on DC,get on the ball. having far more fun at the marvel movies, and I know nothing about those characters!

Am i the only one that thinks BVS and suicide squad are making the dark knight trilogy look complete ****?
I mean was there any source material at all in that trilogy apart from a little frank millers year one and the long Halloween?.

Yeah! That teaser and blurry photos of the cast of SS are just mind blowing! Nolan doesn't stand a chance! /S

Do people remember these things come out a whole year from now? Let's wait to make our criticisms, and certainly our praise, until we've seen the movie.....

I just hope someday we're grateful that we're getting a potentially good movie and not arguing over the shade of the Jokers hair.... Which will most certainly be put through filters and de-saturated...

Last edited:
Just by the BvS trailer i can already tell christian bale will be well forgotten after Ben's performance.
I cant sit hear and say "the tdkt is rubbish" because it certainly isn't but too me they are not batman films.

Just by the BvS trailer i can already tell christian bale will be well forgotten after Ben's performance.
I cant sit hear and say "the tdkt is rubbish" because it certainly isn't but too me they are not batman films.

I don't disagree, but we haven't seen anything of Ben but his look, and his Iron Man impression.

There are too many things we don't know. He absolutely looks the part. Without a doubt. But the movies themselves aren't just about him. There are so many characters in BvS and SS that I don't see Ben getting enough screen time to make us "forget" Bale.

The (rumored?) standalone movie would have a much better chance IMO, but we'll just have to wait and see.

yeah I have to say they are still just going about this all wrong. They should have done the reboot Batman film first along with a Diana/Wonder Woman film, THEN get them together in this team flick to make it a much stronger character connection type of movie. I know I shouldn't be comparing DC and Marvel, but what I loved that Marvel did with Avengers is they gave us a chance to get to know each character before they were brought in to the team film. Seriously I wouldn't have cared about Thor or Captain America as much as I absolutely love them now after seeing their solo films first.

I don't see a need for DC to have to catch up. They just need to build a series full of compelling characters and then bring them all in to this big trinity/justice league ensemble. It would just make for an incredibly more compelling piece of film.

I'm too detached from the new Batman to really feel excited about what is to come. I LOVE Batman as a character, but this isn't the Batman we just got to knowing through 3 films. This is a new Batman and I want to know more an attach to this new one before I see him face off with Superman.

Batman Begins was mostly Year One, and some Long Halloween, along with some other Ra's and Scarecrow stories.

The Dark Knight was the first appearance comic and Long Halloween.

The Dark Knight Rises was... I dunno, the "some days you just can't get rid of a bomb" scene in Batman the Movie?

I also not sure what you mean by "making the Dark Knight trilogy look complete..." because, well, when you edit adults, it can be hard to follow.
Batman Year One might is my favorite Batman story and most likely my favorite 'single story' comic -- and I'm not even a big Batman fan. I wish Batman Begins had a tenth of the depth, storytelling and ingenuity that Year One had. I think Year One is Miller's finest work and Mazzucchelli just went above and beyond and produced some of the best work I've seen... Batman Year One simply doesn't get enough credit in my book and while people are talking about Watchmen and Dark Knight... well, BYO is right up there with the best (and might even surpass them... well, at least Dark Knight in my eyes).

I am also a fan of the Long Halloween series and again, I don't really see much - if any - of that in the Nolan series. I love what Loeb and Sale have done as a team (I'm a big Sale fan). Again, this series just had Batman at the top of his game - he was a true detective and the story was just set up as a great, complex, noir-ish with great character development (which we see practically none of in the Nolan films).

I wish Nolan would've used these stories as the basis for his films - because I think they would've made much, much better films than what he gave us.

Trying not to be spoilery, has anyone seen the most recent set videos? Those are making me pretty excited for this movie. I'm still keeping my optimism up for this film, I really think they have a chance to make something unique.

Trying not to be spoilery, has anyone seen the most recent set videos? Those are making me pretty excited for this movie. I'm still keeping my optimism up for this film, I really think they have a chance to make something unique.

Link? Couldn't find anything I hadn't seen before with a quick Google-fu.

Awesome thanks!

It definitely looks cool, and the car has a very nice style to It. From what we've seen.. and this is just speculation based on set pics, It does seem very Schumacher-esque in the color palettes... Which I really like! Definitely excited to see Batfleck kicking some Leto Joker ass.

I've been sold on the film basically from the start, even if it ends up like "watching a train wreck", but man that set video got me so excited for the DCCU as a whole.

0528-suicide-squad-splash-3.jpg

Wtf is that? Batman on the juice? Do you even lift bro?

i think it looks terrible. Veins popping out and then the dark black gloves & cowl over stone grey. Makes me think of a French poodle when they give it that dumb hair cut. Same grey skin tone with black hair.

image.jpg You'll buy me milk bones...swear to me!

Wtf is that? Batman on the juice? Do you even lift bro?

i think it looks terrible. Veins popping out and then the dark black gloves & cowl over stone grey. Makes me think of a French poodle when they give it that dumb hair cut. Same grey skin tone with black hair.

View attachment 482664 You'll buy me milk bones...swear to me!

So what should Batman look like to you? Nipples? All black?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back