Suicide Squad

I'm going to give this one a chance. I still don't understand wtf they were thinking making the Joker look like this. I remain optimistic in Jared Leto's performance though.

Leto is going to act the hell out of the Joker, but the Joker image they've chosen still looks like garbage. If you got rid of the stupid tattoos, or even exercised a LITTLE restraint with the tattoos, I'd be on board fully.

Not to mention that in 2015 there's absolutely nothing edgy about tattoos. Every freaking person has them. You couldn't throw a pebble in a crowd and not hit someone with a tattoo.

Not to mention that in 2015 there's absolutely nothing edgy about tattoos. Every freaking person has them. You couldn't throw a pebble in a crowd and not hit someone with a tattoo.

In a very very childish way, this actually irritates the hell out of me.

I got tattooed in 92 and the only people I knew who had one were me, and the artist who did mine. It was edgy enough that all I had to do was roll up my sleeves and I had instant street cred anywhere I went.

Now even my mom has a tattoo. Granted it's a teddy bear and it's only like 3/4 inch in size, but still...my MOM.

Now it seems like you don't qualify as edgy unless you go full tilt surgery and put a horn in your head or something.

(although...just to directly contradict myself...I kind of dig the elf ears thing and sort of hope that actually catches on).

I think the main problem I have with Joker is the Tattoos are less "I'm the Joker" and more "I'm a whiny emo who wants to look badassed" kind of thing,if he had a joker on one arm and maybe a ace of spades on the other or a huge death's head jester on his back then,yea,THAT'S the Joker!

And the teeth don't bother me,guy is lucky he has any with how Batman comes across in this version.

Perhaps that's the point, its more mainstream.

Also though, we don't know the back story to this version of the joker (after all its always changing) he may have, like others have suggested been a simple gang member and already have had the tattoos prior to whatever accident happened in this cinematic world, he may have had an obsession with clowns/comedy and the accident brought that to the forefront of his psychosis to the point where he takes on the persona of the joker.

I was thinking about the tattoos the other day, and thought it would be interesting if early in Joker's career he was incarcerated in a facility with "typical" criminals who thought he was a joke and tried to punk him by holding him down and tattooing him with "Joker" type imagery to mock him. Of course his response would be to laugh his way through it and then brutally kill them all. Of course it's a stretch, but it's one of those little pet theories that I would like to see come true.

I don't know much about the "Suicide Squad" but I've got to admit I'm very taken with the trailer. Stylistically it feels close to Nolans "The Dark Knight" and it looks, from that point of view to me, a good deal better than Snyders newest. I think that score is tremendous. I hear what people are saying about the Joker, but he looks crazy enough to me, body art or no body art. Its certainly getting the hits on you tube.

I completely agree. It's very much an idea that a marketing committee would come up with. "New for 1995....GOTH BARBIE"

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I didn't initially have very high hopes for this, but that trailer was pretty good.
I think Leto's going to surprise us - this is the closest we've seen to a Killing Joke Joker yet.

I have an idea that could make this version of Joker "work" for me but at the moment, I'm not buying the look.
The few seconds of acting that we've seen were fine but the tats still kill the look for me.
Unless... this isn't the original Joker. Granted, it was in Batman Beyond but we've seen the Joker dead and returned as an altered Robin before and the recent "Arkham Knight" game has people infected by Joker's blood who are, for all intents and purposes, "becoming" The Joker.

image.jpg

Harley Quinn really comes off as one of if not THE main character in the movie from seeing this trailer. I'm not complaining cause I like HQ and I like the look in the movie (though that maybe helped by who is playing her). But I guess I just was not expecting her to be so front and centered.

Harley Quinn really comes off as one of if not THE main character in the movie from seeing this trailer. I'm not complaining cause I like HQ and I like the look in the movie (though that maybe helped by who is playing her). But I guess I just was not expecting her to be so front and centered.

Agreed.

You know, when I was watching that trailer, I had an odd sense of deja vu for some reason. And then I realized, "Oh, this isn't the only time that song's been used in a Batman-related work." It was plain to see, that the joke was on me, eh?

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back