Suicide Squad

Casting is now official:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/official-suicide-squad-star-will-753470

Jared Leto is The Joker, Will Smith is Deadshot, Tom Hardy is Rick Flagg, Margot Robbie is Harley Quinn, Jai Courtney is Boomerang and Cara Delevinge is Enchantress.

Something else from Variety about the wishlist for Amanda Waller:

Warners still has the role of Amanda Waller, the character who oversees the team (similarly to Nick Fury in the Marvel universe), to cast before the film goes into production. The studio’s shortlist of actresses being eyed for the role includes Viola Davis, Octavia Spencer and Oprah Winfrey, whom sources say would be WB’s first choice for the part.
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/s...-the-joker-will-smith-is-deadshot-1201368867/

Casting is now official:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/official-suicide-squad-star-will-753470
Jared Leto is The Joker, Will Smith is Deadshot, Tom Hardy is Rick Flagg, Margot Robbie is Harley Quinn, Jai Courtney is Boomerang and Cara Delevinge is Enchantress.
Something else from Variety about the wishlist for Amanda Waller:
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/s...-the-joker-will-smith-is-deadshot-1201368867/

Why not have CCH Pounder play Waller... she voices the character perfectly in the animated movies. Viola Davis I could accept... she's pretty evil in How to Get Away With Murder.

I'm not sure how I feel about Hardy playing another DC villain. I always have a hard time accepting an actor playing two different characters in the same comic movie universe.
Jai Courtney... bleh. If he dies in the movie I can live with it.
Will Smith... interesting. Isn't Deadshot normally a white dude.

It could be a cool movie. It could be an interesting to have a comic movie based from the villain's perspective, with the heroes being more of a supporting role. So if they have some of the flagship heroes make an appearance it would be pretty cool.

I have no problem with Will Smith playing a white role, I do have a problem if they have to shoehorn his son into a role somewhere.

I could see him as the Joker

jared-leto.jpg

I'm not sure how I feel about Hardy playing another DC villain. I always have a hard time accepting an actor playing two different characters in the same comic movie universe.

Hardy won't be in the same universe as the Bane from Nolan's bat-verse.

Looks....interesting,though Will Smith? why do I have this feeling it's gonna go the way of that,what was it? Steel? film with Shack or whatever that basketball star was back in the 90's

That movie SUCKED.

But with Harley and Joke on board it might be a fun romp,at least DC is getting away from the Superman/Batman rut with this,hopefully it'll work.

Looks....interesting,though Will Smith? why do I have this feeling it's gonna go the way of that,what was it? Steel? film with Shack or whatever that basketball star was back in the 90's

That movie SUCKED.

But with Harley and Joke on board it might be a fun romp,at least DC is getting away from the Superman/Batman rut with this,hopefully it'll work.

Well...they are, and they aren't. In a sense, they're still using Batman to prop this film up because they have zero faith in the Squad as its own thing. The bottom line is that the Joker would NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS be added to the Suicide Squad. Why? Because everyone knows...Joker's wild.

GET IT?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ok, anyway, in all seriousness, the Joker is too bat**** crazy to be controlled by the squad. You strap a bomb to his head and say "Do what we tell you," and he might just as well grab you and kiss you full on the face, then headbutt you because HE'S INSANE.

True enough but who knows? maybe Joker is part of the problem the Suicide Squad goes to fix? be funny to see Harley trying her damnedest to kill the guy.

I will reserve judgment, but I definitely want to see what Joker and Harley look and sound like. That'll make or break the movie, for me at least.

Hardy could play three different characters in the same movie and you probably would be impressed or have no clue it was him, with the right makeup of course.

Oh, Will Smith is actually a decent actor, so comparing him to Steel, and Shaq is horrible. It's like saying he would be the next Meteor Man....SHUDDER...

Oh, Will Smith is actually a decent actor, so comparing him to Steel, and Shaq is horrible. It's like saying he would be the next Meteor Man....SHUDDER...

Oh I know it's just that the guy is starting to be the next "feel good" actor i.e. he's getting more and more family films and I almost never hear him cuss or anything past a PG-13 rating is he in.......

That's not a good thing if you want a decent super hero movie,Marvel seems to keep it pretty clean but I like my Deadpool and his comics are ALL inappropriate jokes and cussing,in a way I expect that with a pair like Harley and Joker,for J I REALLY like a more twisted version and not the campy Romero type.

What it comes down to is I see Will Smith I expect a funny,kiddie friendly campy crap and not "oh lord did Joker just hose that guy's face with acid?"

Well...they are, and they aren't. In a sense, they're still using Batman to prop this film up because they have zero faith in the Squad as its own thing. The bottom line is that the Joker would NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS be added to the Suicide Squad. Why? Because everyone knows...Joker's wild.

GET IT?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ok, anyway, in all seriousness, the Joker is too bat**** crazy to be controlled by the squad. You strap a bomb to his head and say "Do what we tell you," and he might just as well grab you and kiss you full on the face, then headbutt you because HE'S INSANE.

Well how I see it is, The Joker is probably going to be part of the team because it will benefit him some how. I can't see Mr.J being leashed by anyone.

Well how I see it is, The Joker is probably going to be part of the team because it will benefit him some how. I can't see Mr.J being leashed by anyone.

But that's just it. I don't think the Joker actually brings all that much that's helpful to the team, and he's way too much of a liability. Same with Harlequin, given her slavish devotion to the Joker. And if you remove her from the Joker's side, she's useless or psychotic. Deadshot, Bronze Tiger, Boomerang, those guys make sense as team members. They're criminals, but they aren't insane. Enchantress, from what I gather from her background, has kind of a Hulk-like thing going on, except instead of having a rational side and a monstrously strong creature of rage side, she has an evil demonic side, and struggles to keep them in check. So, she's a danger, but possibly a manageable one. But the Joker? The Joker is simply insane. He's pure chaos, mixed with evil, mixed with whimsy. He may have a genius intellect, but he's completely uncontrollable.

Sticking him on the Squad, I'd say, is purely a marketing ploy because they need a "big name" character along the lines of Batman or Superman. This one just happens to be a villain.

On the plus side, Jai Courtenay will get to use his real accent.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back