Calgary Comic Expo April 2015

If there's only two items I can pick-up at this year's comic expo, they would be a blue Star Trek T-shirt, and a Mr. Spock action figure. RIP Leonard.

More Walking Dead cast members added to the line up today. Haven't had a chance to watch the show so I'm not really excited by the news, but many other are. Still hoping they can land some classic sci-fi guests as this year's line up is sorely lacking in them and there's less than 6 weeks to go.

Less than three weeks out! I just registered for the Parade of Wonders that goes through downtown Calgary on Friday. Anybody here done this before? Is it worth going to?

I've not seen the parade before, but all indications point to a good time in all the photos I've seen online. The lineup this year started out fairly lack lustre imo but it's improved with the addition of Jewel Staite, Rene Auberjonois, and some other key additions. Only 2 weeks to go! :)

I'm going all 4 days, and I've registered for the POW parade :) I've gone to see the parade before, this will be my first time taking part!

excited for this year, but will admit, personally, the guest list is lacking for me. I know there are a lot of big names, but none really i am stoked on. But, needless to say, it is always a great time and great costumes. If any RPF people want to meet up and chat a bit that would be rad! I'll be wearing my new scarlet spider suit this year!

I agree that it feels like the guest list is lacking, considering the last two years have just been so stellar. However, i'm personally pleased that Hayley Atwell is going now and there are more announcements tomorrow. I'll be so glad to have a vacation anyways, that i wouldn't care now if the only guest going was the Trivago commercial guy, lol. Hope everyone has a great time there!

A couple more weeks! I'm excited and will actually be busy all four days but will get a chance to enjoy the show too. Thought I'd put this out as the expo folk haven't mentioned it yet (I'll probably send my team lead an email tomorrow about it). For those of you out of town, and in Calgary, amount of parking will be a little less on the Stampede grounds as Cirque du Soleil is in town with their Kurios show, and have their big top setup on the parking on the south side of the Big Four building. (same place as a couple years ago). So make sure you plan for that or take transit.

And don't forget to check out Beakerhead's stand/display. I'm a volunteer with them too and will be helping out on the weekend on my off shifts. I believe they'll be set-up in the Big Four building with their Tin Fish. :cool

Another heads-up, something to plan ahead for...

This was brought up on our volunteer Facebook group's page. Apparently there are some disruptions with the C-Train downtown by the City Hall station due to the new library construction. Best bet is to check the city's transit page for disruptions to the C-Train's operations if you are taking transit.

Another heads-up if any of you are exhibitors... keep in mind that Game 3 (Go Flames Go!) is on Sunday at 8:00 local time. The Expo ends at 5:00, but when you are leaving after teardown, expect an influx of Flames fans coming into the Stampede grounds, not to mention the people going to see Cirque du Soleil. Vancouver's going down! :D (they usually do in post season ;) )

Another heads-up:

Regarding C-train and public transit: if anyone is taking the C-Train from the north east. Rundle Station will be closed on April 18 and 19. Shuttle buses will be in place between Whitehorn and Marlborough stations.

Great info Goonie, thanks for all the tips! Much appreciated! Really stoked to get my advance bracelet tomorrow and meet my friends coming in from BC and Florida! :D

Hoping to show off my season 1 Garabaldi costume from Babylon 5. Would love to have done the Parade but walking with a cane the entire time is tiring, don't want to miss out on Expo activities. Good thing cameras are now digital, would need a ****load of film otherwise.

Wish I could be there tonight, but I'm stuck at work! Still have some work to do on my Honey Lemon cosplay, so I think I'll be wearing my Anna (from Frozen) cosplay just for tomorrow

Wish I could be there tonight, but I'm stuck at work! Still have some work to do on my Honey Lemon cosplay, so I think I'll be wearing my Anna (from Frozen) cosplay just for tomorrow

You could make it down, but you got to get laid-off like a bunch of us Calgarians. ;) I kid, I kid, I've been out of work for too long now and it's not pleasant.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back