Rocketeer Jacket and Magnoli

JohnnyC

Hi all,

Question for all you Rocketeer experts out there. I am interested in getting a Rocketeer jacket from Magnoli Clothiers, and was wondering what material would be most screen accurate. To preface this, I currently own an Abbyshot Rocketeer Jacket and I have always found the leather to be too thick and heavy. While it is an amazing jacket, I'm wanting to sell it and purchase one from Magnoli. So, a couple of things to ask:

1. What material should I go with that would be most screen accurate? I'm thinking Lambskin is what they used in the movie. Seems thinner and more pliable. Is this accurate?

2. Is "tan" the color I'd go with? Hard to tell what shade it is by the website alone, but it looks like that might be the way to go. I like the brown, but the "tan" seems like a lighter brown that may be more of what I'm after. Accurate?

Any help and/or pics you can provide would be greatly appreciated!!

-Johnny C

Tan is the correct color (it's a bit simplistic, we actually source the color to match the original film jacket). Lambskin is very soft and comfortable (a true "fashion" leather), while goatskin is a much tougher leather without being as thick and heavy as cow.

Indy Magnoli Great! Makes sense now. So what we're saying is that the screen used version was more than likely goatskin? Also, if I might ask, how do you attach the buttons to the jacket? Sewn on or are they inserted into the leather itself (as the Abbeyshot jacket has)? Thanks for the reply!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard to say what the original was, could have been almost anything. IIRC, our buttons are sewn on (through) the leather.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back