Maximus Helmet Papakura from Gladiator

Fedoraiders

Hello Everyone!

After more one years to work on this projet, I'm happy to show you my Maximus Helmet Replica from Gladiator. It's not 100% finish but I was impatient to take the pictures. I made a several modifications from the original Pepakura program. You can look the evolution of my helmet and the materials that I used.

Thanks for looking!

Hi fedoraiders-

What is the exact color process that you used & the actual item names/colors?

I have a helmut, would like to redo the color. It's more less silver. I see dupli-color

metalcast on the larger can but cannot make out the smaller cans. If you do not mind,

can you elaborate? thanks!

Thanks guys for your good words about my Helmet, I appreciate this very much!

Unfortunately, I lost the pep file for this helmet. I have only the picture of the Pepakura program that you see on this thread, sorry! But if someone have the pep file, please, put the link here. Thanks!

For the question for the finish about my helmet, I use the Dupli-color on the last picture. I paint the helmet with (Dupli-Color BNS0598 Silver Mist Metallic Nissan) and after, I put little bit a (Dupli-Color MC206 Smoke Anodized) to give a darker look. After I use Decor Art color to give a old finish.

I hope that I help you.

Sorry for my bad English, I'm a French Canadian.

Thanks!

Looks awesome. I am on my 2nd attempt with this helmet, the first one was HUGE. My current attempt is still a little big but I'm gonna finish it out anyway, mainly just for practice with the bondo and finishing part of it. Gonna try and finish it out before the new year, would like to start a storm trooper build after I get this one under my belt.
Maximus.jpeg

Thanks guys for your good words about my Helmet, I appreciate this very much!

Unfortunately, I lost the pep file for this helmet. I have only the picture of the Pepakura program that you see on this thread, sorry! But if someone have the pep file, please, put the link here. Thanks!

For the question for the finish about my helmet, I use the Dupli-color on the last picture. I paint the helmet with (Dupli-Color BNS0598 Silver Mist Metallic Nissan) and after, I put little bit a (Dupli-Color MC206 Smoke Anodized) to give a darker look. After I use Decor Art color to give a old finish.

I hope that I help you.

Sorry for my bad English, I'm a French Canadian.

Thanks!

Could you clarify a few things because holy crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that looks awesome.:thumbsup

The Duplicolor Smoke. Did you just put a mist coat on it??

Could you clarify the rest of the process and names of the paints???

Your finish is one of the best I have seen on this helmet. I have a factory X I am customizing.

Thanks

Tom

Could you clarify a few things because holy crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that looks awesome.:thumbsup

The Duplicolor Smoke. Did you just put a mist coat on it??

Could you clarify the rest of the process and names of the paints???

Your finish is one of the best I have seen on this helmet. I have a factory X I am customizing.

Thanks

Tom

Hello!

Thank you very much for your goods word about my helmet, I appreciate this very much!

I'm French Canadien and I have difficulty with my English but I will try to explain you.

In chronological order.

I put the primer on the helmet. Let dry. eleventh and twelfth picture

I put the Dupli-Color BNS0598 Silver Mist Metallic Nissan. Let dry. thirteenth picture

I put little bit a (Dupli-Color MC206 Smoke Anodized to give a dark finish. Let dry. I don't have picture but it's similar at the thirteenth but a little bit darker.

And after I mix the 2 smalls bottle to give a old finish. fourteenth and the and the rest of the pictures. This stage is important to give the live of the Helmet. It's a old woman in Craft Shop who give me the councils for this stage.

I hope I help you.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello!

Thank you very much for your goods word about my helmet, I appreciate this very much!

I'm French Canadien and I have difficulty with my English but I will try to explain you.

In chronological order.

I put the primer on the helmet. Let dry. eleventh and twelfth picture

I put the Dupli-Color BNS0598 Silver Mist Metallic Nissan. Let dry. thirteenth picture

I put little bit a (Dupli-Color MC206 Smoke Anodized to give a dark finish. Let dry. I don't have picture but it's similar at the thirteenth but a little bit darker.

And after I mix the 2 smalls bottle to give a old finish. fourteenth and the and the rest of the pictures. This stage is important to give the live of the Helmet. It's a old woman in Craft Shop who give me the councils for this stage.

I hope I help you.

Thanks!

Awesome. Thanks so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back