cw arsenal thread

Re: Definitive cw arsenal thread

I was looking at the pictures firefly uploaded, and there were a few pictures of the belt. Most of them had a black on red colour scheme, but one of the pictures had a red on black colour scheme. I was wondering this red on black belt was actually used in the series, because most of the reference pictures use the black on red belt? 1498853_843150469074991_7974957913202052208_o.jpg10915311_843150309075007_1940221137480195434_o.jpg

Last edited:

0.jpgIf you go to season 2 episode 15 of arrow, the bow roy is practising with seems to look like a jandao songzu recurve but just painted or sanded the limbs, or maybe a samick polaris? i know its blurry but still look.

0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

View attachment 446420If you go to season 2 episode 15 of arrow, the bow roy is practising with seems to look like a jandao songzu recurve but just painted or sanded the limbs, or maybe a samick polaris? i know its blurry but still look.

I had a look and I found three bows that may be it or similar, where the limbs join the handle it looks a bit curved so I looked for takedown bows like this with wooden risers. I'm not at all certain that one of these was the one used, or if it was just modded.
Samick Phoenix II
Bearpaw Mohawk
Samick Squall
Samick Devastator

Last edited by a moderator:

the bows you found where all hunting bows by the way (not the ones roy had):( roy had in that pic a beginner wood recurve target bow.

the bows you found where all hunting bows by the way (not the ones roy had):( roy had in that pic a beginner wood recurve target bow.

I thought that at first, but most beginner target bows are white fibreglass surrounding a wooden core. I didn't see any target bows that were brown with that type of riser or had the curved limb/riser connection.

It actually reminds me quite a lot of the Ragim Impala Deluxe (which I know is a hunting bow), which has brown limbs and a laminated riser kind of like the one in the picture. Admittedly the middle laminate isn't the right colour and the limb/riser connection isn't curved though.
Actually, if they used the normal Impala riser with the deluxe limbs, it would have the black limb pockets seen in the picture and also the riser color would be more accurate.

Last edited:

ya but the bow roy has, has very brighter colours of wood lamination so i don't know? (sorry dude I'm not trying to throw you under the bus or anything).:)

Are there any better pictures of it? If not I'll screenshot some tonight.
PS its fine, you're not 'throwing me under a bus' :)

nice job finding those man! I'm guessing that the limbs where actually painted because the washer on the limbs are also tan

nice job finding those man! I'm guessing that the limbs where actually painted because the washer on the limbs are also tan
Thanks! Yeah, I'm actually pretty sure that the limb/riser connection isn't actually curved, because if you see that side on picture it doesn't look curved - I think it was just a trick of the eye/camera in the first picture?

EDIT or not. Looking at the pictures again and the pictures of the jandao, they do look remarkably similar thanks 4sidedtriangle [emoji6]

Last edited:

Thanks! Yeah, I'm actually pretty sure that the limb/riser connection isn't actually curved, because if you see that side on picture it doesn't look curved - I think it was just a trick of the eye/camera in the first picture?

EDIT or not. Looking at the pictures again and the pictures of the jandao, they do look remarkably similar thanks 4sidedtriangle [emoji6]
no prob dude! I know this isn't the bow he uses now but its a good extra if you can't get a ragim and I'm definitely making my jandao like that because at least this one isn't a childs bow :lol
whats also good is that this bow is exceptionally cheap!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back