Buffy the Vampire Slayer~ Urn of Osiris

Mutant-Enemy

Sr Member
First off let me start by saying that I know there aren't many "Buffy" Enthusiasts here but it's been a while since I've posted anything to the RPF and I wanted to break that streak. It's not surprising then that there aren't any "tags" available for Buffy the Vampire Slayer so, no surprise I haven't posted in a while!
Secondly: There have been others who have recreated this prop in hydro-stone and resin, but to the best of my knowledge I am the FIRST to recreate it using genuine Terra-Cotta, low firing it the way the Ancient Egyptians used to do and using the exact same hieroglyphs as on the screen-used prop.
So, here it is, my Urn of Osiris:
NewestUrnPreMold.JPG
The Model

UrnMoldFIN.jpg
The Mold

UrnAlmostFIN.JPG
First Cast Pre-fire

UrnCompilationFIN.jpg
Fired + Painted

URNEBAY1WIPFIN.jpg
Complete

Thanks for looking all!

Wow! I had forgot about posting this thread. Thanks for looking all.
I recently purchased another gallon of Terracotta Slip and am preparing to ship two Urns today. One is going to Europe and another back east to a fellow who is getting it autographed by Alyson Hannigan herself.
I had one customer who told me about holding his Urn while watching the episode in which Willow uses it to resurrect Buffy and he claimed it gave him tingles up his spine. :D
I really love the Buffy/Angel Fandom but have to agree with you guy's that we don't see enough of it on the RPF.
Thanks again!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back