Season 5-1 Walking Dead Rick's Colt Python now a Colt Anaconda?

replicaprops

Official Licensee
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Last night while watching walking dead, Rick was asked what he had in the bag that he buried out side the compound and he lists the weapons and 1 is a "44 magnum"
Is'nt the Anaconda the 44 magnum version and not the Python?

I think he had a whole bag of weapons. Could have had a .44 magnum in addition to the Python.
I dunno, you could be right, but I venture to guess that he was referring to his gun. After all he would have said what he knew was in there, and he knows his own gun.

i think Rick was referring to weapons they took off Joe's 'claimed gang'...44 mag, ak-47, compound bow and the machete.... maybe? :)

He put his colt in the bag, we all saw him do it. The question is, what was his colt? A Python 357 or a anaconda 44 mag. He said 44 mag. They look identical, I think everyone had it wrong all this time and the python is the wrong model.

But he does mention .357 magnum ammo for his revolver when talking to Shane in in a much earlier episode (obviously when Shane was still alive). They also specify a .357 in the comic. Although it is not his main side arm for the entire comic, unlike in the show. So there are several possibilities:
A) The writers screwed up. If you seen all the episodes you know some of the firearms stuff is not perfect. They aren't gun aficionados and it shows.
B) He had a .44 Magnum in addition to the .357 Magnum in that bag.
C) He was full of B.S. about all of it and trying to buy time to avoid being killed. That line about a machete with a red handle?
Personally, I'm more of a S&W person, so my Colt knowledge is lacking. It looks like a 6" Python when watching the show but also looks like a 6" Anaconda. Possible even the filming crew uses these interchangeably. I know that the real Python and real Anaconda are marked as such on the left side of the revolver on the barrel, but I certainly can't make out the words while watching the show.

Disregard the interchangeable comment then. I still think his revolver is a .357 magnum. If not, I certainly would not lose sleep over it.

Although Rick ".44 mag in the bag" comment is throwing people off he does in fact still carry the Python. I own both guns. If you look at the season 5 Promo Banner(Ricks face and the revolver up close) you can see the gun does not have a pin behind the cylinder indicating that it is 100% a Python without out a doubt no if ands or buts. The .44 in the bag was either to throw Garret off or he did have another revolver. Rick could have lied, he did say there was a cross bow in the bag too and there was not.
ITS A PYTHON!!! That is great because its the best revolver on earth.

The producers certainly are not gun experts, and apparently nobody on their team is, either. There are many weapon errors through the previous seasons. My favorite: when they first arrive at the prison, Glen has an m4 platform weapon. Front sight post in tact, no rear aperture, 75-100 yard head shots? I have my doubts. Not saying impossible, just highly improbable.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back