Comic Book Tombstones

troilluss

This year I finally have a house of my own to decorate for Halloween. I'm filling out the graveyard with new tombstones and decided to make replicas of stones from various movies and tv shows. Here's the first to be completed. Solomon Grundy's Stone from the Justice League episode "The Terror Beyond".

Reference:
1 JL Solomon Grundy 2.PNG1.1 JL Solomon Grundy 5.PNG

WIP:
2 IMG_1070.JPG

And the finished product:
3 IMG_1115.JPG4IMG_1118.JPG

I made the stone from 3/4" styrofoam insulation. It's about 32" high. I using an exacto to score out the template I had printed. I then used a wood burner to deepen the letters. I was a careful to use an electric fan to blow any released gasses away from my face. If I can find the time (and 2" thick foam sheets) I'll have a couple more stones ready by Halloween.

Do a doc brown tombstone from bttf3 or eric draven tombstone with a crow on top thomas and martha wayne tombstone. Dammit now I think ill make some lol

Very nice, not seen this idea before, but theres been some very memorable scenes involving gravestones/tombstones. Looking forward to seeing the others. Morbid as it is, I'm now considering a 3D printed tiny cemetary!!

Here are Thomas and Martha Wayne's stones in "The Dark Knight Rises":
DKR Bruce Wayne 3.PNG

And here they are in my backyard:
Thomas and Martha finished.jpg

These are the last two I'll have done in time for this Halloween. I've got plenty more ideas. I'd love to see what else ya'll come up with.

Greeky04 - Doc Brown would be excellent!

Fawbish - you could make your 3D printed cemetary in scale with the appropriate action figures.

Jason Todd (the second Robin) would be cool. Bruce Wayne would be cool also (he was thought dead recently in the comics but it turned out he was shifted into another dimension or something like that).
Jean Grey is another good idea. They just killed off Wolverine in the comics, so that would be a good one. There are limitless deaths (and rebirths) in both Marvel and DC comics...

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back