Advice on building a Polar Lights 1/350 Star Trek Enterprise NX-01

Hans Zarkov

I'm planning on trying my hand at building a Polar Lights 1/350 Star Trek Enterprise NX-01.
I've never built a ship that big ( 24 inches when finished ?) I was wondering if anyone had any advice or tips ( I've read there's some issues in parts misaligning, any problems with the nacelle struts?) I'm planning on a straight build, no modding or lights, but still if any one has some insight on the 1/350 NX-01, it would be appreciated. Thanks!
Hans

Hi Hans,

the kit has its problems, but all in all is very nice. Sapper has a very nice build going, I can recommend looking at his WIP, Otherwise, the best thing to do is to search the fourm for Enterprise NX and just spend some time reading through the other WIPs. That is the best way to get some tips and find out where others have erred.

I have heard from quite a few sources that you might want to reinforce the pylon struts with some sort of framework, as they tend to sag with time.

Hope that helps. I will be looking forward to seeing your WIP.

Hi Hans,

the kit has its problems, but all in all is very nice. Sapper has a very nice build going, I can recommend looking at his WIP, Otherwise, the best thing to do is to search the fourm for Enterprise NX and just spend some time reading through the other WIPs. That is the best way to get some tips and find out where others have erred.

I have heard from quite a few sources that you might want to reinforce the pylon struts with some sort of framework, as they tend to sag with time.

Hope that helps. I will be looking forward to seeing your WIP.

Thanks Opal1970, I appreciate the info ( i had heard about the struts sagging, anyone know if there's a standard fix for that?)

I also have a 350 Big-E and also a NX waiting in the pipeline, if I ever get around to them, I will be making a frame similar to that myself for both of them. Problem with the NX is that the struts are very thin and I won't have a lot of space for the framework and all the cables that will need to be run up to light the nacelles.

If i remember correctly, Steve also put a link to his old NX build in Sapper's thread... if you use one of Steve's WIPs as a guide, you are on the best road to creating a masterpiece.

I also have a 350 Big-E and also a NX waiting in the pipeline, if I ever get around to them, I will be making a frame similar to that myself for both of them. Problem with the NX is that the struts are very thin and I won't have a lot of space for the framework and all the cables that will need to be run up to light the nacelles.

If i remember correctly, Steve also put a link to his old NX build in Sapper's thread... if you use one of Steve's WIPs as a guide, you are on the best road to creating a masterpiece.
much appreciated

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back