Rare Halcyon Nostromo

Neo-uk

Here's some pictures of the finished kit at the UKGK model show.
I've missed a lot of the wip posts and pics off here because the build went on to get very tedious and annoying with things like,
fibre optic problems, paint problems and kittens knocking the model to the floor when it was 95% done) but I have got other pictures of the build if requested.
Anyway have a gander at these.

NOS4_zpsf6c7f044.jpg

NOS3_zpsf08ee4b2.jpg

IMAG0298_zps718016e0.jpg

NOS7_zps6f253d1b.jpg

NOS5_zps29f802e4.jpg

That's beutiful man. I really want to build one of these one day. The lighting and base really set it off. :)

Ben

Looks awesome! I'm always looking on eBay at whatever halcyon kit pops up and never seen the nostromo come up. I'm watching a dropship at the moment.

Really nice job on lighting the landing gear. I built and lit this kit back in the 90's when it first came out (it WAS the 90's, wasn't it?) It was difficult, but fun. Anyway, the lighting configuration on the ship in the movie is weird. If you look at the movie, there's some kind of intricate series of lighting grids attached to the landing gear/rear of the ship. You never see it otherwise. Just while the ship's on the planet's surface. I never even attempted to pull that off. Anyway, I love the work you did with fiber optics around the landing gear. Best I've ever seen!

Beautiful build!. Paintwork is top notch, very convincing & the lighting sets it off perfectly.
I have one of these in storage, mint condition, never started. I'll never get around to building it, so if anyone wants it, PM me.
Stu

I'll second the request to see more pics. It seems like the bridge is illuminated? A great touch, not seen that done before and I'd like to see know you tackled that. Be good to see a pic of the model in very low lighting to give some atmosphere to the excellent lighting job.

It has been said, but I gotta say it again... beautiful job, the landing gear lighting (and the lighting as a whole) is very convincing. clap yourself on the back from me.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back