eBay sellers "spideymaker" recasting my Spiderman lenses

TJackFx

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Pretty sure my new asm2 kit has been recast.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Amazing...5?pt=UK_Clothing_Masks_JD&hash=item3f3e5d4689

The domes I use were hand sculpted to get the correct shape to fit inside my frames. With my lenses the "dome" doesn't start right at the edge of the frame, there is a small flat area first before it raises up (if that makes sense?) and when you zoom in on his pics, they just conveniently appear to do the same. Not to mention, the frames are the exact same shape as mine.

I'm not sure how to save his images so if someone can do that for me then I can post some side by side comparisons.

http://www.therpf.com/f78/tjacks-am...ell-lenses-202496/index4.html?highlight=tjack
http://www.therpf.com/f13/tjacks-amazing-spiderman-2-faceshell-lenses-combo-206110/

The only part he hasn't recast is the white mesh - because it would be nearly impossible for him to recast that thin of a mesh.

I'm asking that the spidey community spread the word and prevent others from buying from this guy. I'm trying to see if I can get his stuff reported and taken down.

This also means I will probably no longer ship spidey stuff overseas.

Last edited:
Re: eBay seller recasting my ASM2 lenses

TJack,

Here are the photos from the Ebay listing.

$_12 (1).jpeg$_12 (2).jpeg$_12 (3).jpeg$_12.jpeg$_12.JPG

I own your kit, and from what I'm seeing, these are VERY similar....almost too similar....if you catch my drift!

Hope these help!

-Alpha

Thanks Alpha, I'll see about putting up some side by side shots.

I was browsing some of his past sales and it looks like he had attempted to recast the faceshell too but they weren't turning out very well so he must have stopped doing it. The shell has the exact same profile as mine.

Thanks Alpha, I'll see about putting up some side by side shots.

I was browsing some of his past sales and it looks like he had attempted to recast the faceshell too but they weren't turning out very well so he must have stopped doing it. The shell has the exact same profile as mine.
thought that looked familiar.
you're not gonna sell overseas? :((((((
Been saving up and waiting for my job to kickstart to get them combos and one set of those purdyy superior lenses too.
Hope you reconsider :)

Re: eBay seller "spideymaker" recasting my ASM2 lenses

FF's why do these people have to ruin it for the rest of us.
I don't know if it's possible could you and your own symbol or something imprinted to help prevent it :/ might sound stupid I know nothing about the casting process.
Unfortunately eBay will do nothing orharder had the same problem a couple 100 of us reported them and still nothing was done they still sell his suit.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for their support. After doing a bit of digging and getting tips from some members I have determined who this "spideymaker" is and have reported him to the moderators. If all goes as it should, hopefully the ban hammer will fall quickly.

damn this sucks man. This is why I do not support these thieves from these guys to zentai. If there is anything we can do...I give you my support Tjack.

Can you file a cease and desist? You have enough proof that he stole your things right? I'm sure you could take it to court

Can you file a cease and desist? You have enough proof that he stole your things right? I'm sure you could take it to court

The issue with that is I don't own the rights to spiderman. It's the same issue Orhadar had with his suit files.

All I can do is spread the word and hope that enough ears hear it to ensure people don't buy from him on ebay.

Yup, another recaster screws it up for the rest of you. As long as people from the mainstream market continue to support this crap it's unfortunately gonna go on.

I'm sorry to see this happen to you, TJack. This is the same ***** a lot of artisans go through and it's heart breaking to see... It goes without saying, however, that you have our full support.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back