Who knows Werstrooper? AKA Travis Van Gaal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedifyfe

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I paid for his Griff helmet about a month and a half ago. We shared a ton of info on the Griff costume and he was just starting to mold the helmet and then he stopped answering emails and PM's. That was about 3 weeks ago. I filed a Paypal dispute to cover myself but I want to give him the benefit of the doubt. I saw that he hadn't been on here in the last 5 days then he logged on yesterday. He lives in Australia and I was curious if anyone knows him. I still really want the helmet and all I want is him to respond as I know how life can get in the way of things.

I don't want to have him banned from here but if I do not receive a reply in the next 24hours, I will set the wheels in motion.

Brad

Paypal Dispute has been upgraded to a Claim. I really hope that he comes through with this soon but I am starting to really doubt it...

Damn dude this sucks it happened to you. I know how much you were looking forward to the helmet you kept going on about it at the gym a few weeks ago for like the whole workout. I am glad you were smart enough to protect yourself and not pay by gift, and also open a paypal dispute/claim. I will be keeping my fingers crossed he comes through for you buddy!

It's really too bad that he has decided to stop communicating. It baffles me why people do this when there is such an easy solution. Just communicate.

I just heard from PayPal and they have decided in my favor since this guy never responded. So I get my $220 back. This should be a lesson for everyone on how to make sure you don't lose money. No matter how nice you may think someone is, you never know. Prepare for the ban hammer Travis...

Last edited:
A bum and a bummer :-( glad you got your money back brotha

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Really glad you got your money back buddy.... Great lesson learned for me personally... Sucks he decided to skip town and run with such a small amount, but glad he got the hammer for it!

Really glad you got your money back buddy.... Great lesson learned for me personally... Sucks he decided to skip town and run with such a small amount, but glad he got the hammer for it!

Thanks bud. I agree. All he had to do was communicate. I sent him SEVERAL emails and PM's telling him I understand if he's running behind and that I filed the Paypal Dispute to protect myself but hoped he could come through in the end. He and I even shared a ton of info on the Griff costume and he was making great progress on his costume as well. He just stopped replying to me. It was strange. I saw that he had logged onto the RPF twice during that time, so I know he was around. Anyway, the lesson here is to ALWAYS protect yourself with a transaction, pay the Paypal fees (don't send as a gift) and make sure you send emails and PM's.

The best thing I got out of this was the experience of building my own Griff helmet. It was a fun project and one that I will be doing again with more accuracy.

Thanks bud. I agree. All he had to do was communicate. I sent him SEVERAL emails and PM's telling him I understand if he's running behind and that I filed the Paypal Dispute to protect myself but hoped he could come through in the end. He and I even shared a ton of info on the Griff costume and he was making great progress on his costume as well. He just stopped replying to me. It was strange. I saw that he had logged onto the RPF twice during that time, so I know he was around. Anyway, the lesson here is to ALWAYS protect yourself with a transaction, pay the Paypal fees (don't send as a gift) and make sure you send emails and PM's.

The best thing I got out of this was the experience of building my own Griff helmet. It was a fun project and one that I will be doing again with more accuracy.

I Agree as well all he had to do was send you one email, I mean I can understand if the last time he logged in on the rpf and his email was like a week before you posted this topic due to say extremely ill or something but clearly saw he was on at least once a few days after you posted this. It takes no more then 2 mins(if that) to write a quick pm or email reply saying delays due to so and so talk soon so sorry.... Travis

Not hard at all with any smart phone with a basic internet plan. However since he did not I am really glad to see you were smart enough to protect yourself. and it truly is a lesson learned for me when I start being able to collect a lot more props and such

As far as your Griff helmet goes, I am not expert at BTTF but it looks pretty SA to me, I know if I did not know you or about the rpf and I saw you at comikaze/wondercon etc I totally would stop you and ask you 50+ questions about it and compliment you on how much it looks just like the one from the film... So I don't think you need to worry about re doing it to much brother

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back