Marvel's Legion (FX TV Series)

Re: X-Men TV Series

Would this mean new actors as Wolverine and the lot, or just focusing on other mutants not in the movies?

I'd be okay with this, I think... especially if they put it on FX where they could be a little more adult in their approach. X-Men comics have rarely skimped on the sex and violence it seems like cable would be a better fit than network for this.

I heard/read it'd focus on Multiple Man Madrox and X Factor, would be cool to start in the 80s where Apocalypse leaves off and catches up to X1. That way we get tight fitting neon clothing in at least one scene :D

The 90ies cartoon ROCKED.Back in the days I was in front of the tube EVERY Saturday morning together with my brother to watch this program,and I still know how to appreciate it.
About the new tv show: I'm curious to say the least.
Same thing goes for Spider-man and other superhero movies; I say: drop the infinite reboots that lead to nothing if not frustration for the fans,and slowly start developing the comic book storyline in a tv show...That way,no villain has to die right at the end of the movie,the quality of superhero material on screen becomes better and fans can sleep again.

Last edited:

Would this mean new actors as Wolverine and the lot, or just focusing on other mutants not in the movies?

speck , remember how fox treats the franchises they get ( looking at you firefly and Sliders) i dont want the show *IF THEY DO IT* on fox regular atleast FX it would have a chance =/ .. like the howard stern show ( son of a beach )

Once Apocalypse opens, that'll likely be the last core X-Men film for a while, and they'll have to rely on spinoff characters to keep the rights. Most likely, the TV show is a way for them to keep a constant production going, so Marvel doesn't get it back. It'll be interesting to see how they pull it off.

Once Apocalypse opens, that'll likely be the last core X-Men film for a while, and they'll have to rely on spinoff characters to keep the rights. Most likely, the TV show is a way for them to keep a constant production going, so Marvel doesn't get it back. It'll be interesting to see how they pull it off.

It's tough to be sure, but I don't know that a tv show guarantees the ongoing film rights given that they're two separate mediums.

But, assuming Apocalypse is good I'm OK with Fox keeping the X-Men. They've done alright so far, with only a couple huge missteps (x3 and wolverine origins). Certainly I'd like to see Marvel get them back, but until they crank out a couple stinkers on the level with the last FF movie I can't see it happening.

It's tough to be sure, but I don't know that a tv show guarantees the ongoing film rights given that they're two separate mediums.

But, assuming Apocalypse is good I'm OK with Fox keeping the X-Men. They've done alright so far, with only a couple huge missteps (x3 and wolverine origins). Certainly I'd like to see Marvel get them back, but until they crank out a couple stinkers on the level with the last FF movie I can't see it happening.

I'd actually prefer Fox keep them, to be honest. Comic book movies have changed so much over the years, and the combined universes feel too dependent on one another. X-Men is the last real success that doesn't belong to a larger universe (yet). It feels scrappy and old-school.

The X-Men series seems more adult themed than the MCU. The first film opened with the holocaust, then the sequels focus on discrimination against different people. The Wolverine was pretty bloody (the unrated version was even more bloody) Deadpool has an R rating for violence and graphic nudity. I can't see the MCU handling the X-Men correctly, even though I'd LOVE to see bright colored suits, and plus they'd need to cast an entire emsemble of characters. Seems too much of a hassle for them to hand it over and restart it all.

A tv series may work, I'd like to see more minor characters fleshed out, even if it's a parallel world. Hours of episodes give better character development than a 100 minute film, and more stories can be explored.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back