Maryfoxfirebird

Has anyone modded a Disguise Cap mask? It's ok but really floppy. Any thoughts on how to stiffen it up?

image.jpg

You're very welcome. That's always been the problem with rubber masks, they make them big so a home can fit into them. The new silicone masks stretch like crazy to snuggly but comfortably. Pricy though

After adding the kids mask did you need to pad it to stiffen the whole mask? Would a resin coating help or wreck it?...thanks for the heads up on the glue

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg I glued 2 masks together with the plastic inside and it stiffened it up fairly well....I'm going to add some sponge to the bridge of the nose and the eyebrow to offer some padding and a better fit

image.jpg Filled the space between the two masks with expanding foam it did help stiffen the helmet. I'm having troubles with the bridge of the nose and not looking crossed eyed. Any suggestions?

image.jpgMaking a chinstrap out of 1" webbing and I tore apart my helmet to try again w the expanding foam. Thinking of using Chicago screws to mount the chinstrap

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back