Comic Style Captain America for 2015 Emerald City Comic Con (2nd build)

Dude, way to get in shape! You are going to be a great Cap.

Can always make the belt and then decide you don't want to use it.
The opposite is not make the belt and then wish you had it.

Dude, way to get in shape! You are going to be a great Cap.

Can always make the belt and then decide you don't want to use it.
The opposite is not make the belt and then wish you had it.
Thanks man, really trying to make a good representation of Cap this year. I think I'll take your advise and make it, I can always decide not to use it. My shield is finally done, I scratched the clear coat so I used steel wool on it again and applied another clear coat. I'll post pics when it's completely dry.

View attachment 431536View attachment 431540
So while I am at the Con, I'm going to need something to carry the essentials, IE: Cell phone/Camera, money/wallet. So I have a few ideas, either I can make the duty belt, which I really don't want to do, or I can make a magnetic pouch that I attach to the back of my shield. The two pictures above are with the duty belt and without? Thoughts? Stay true to the Comic Cap, or give it a bit of my own personality.
If the Army taught me anything, it's: better to have and not need, than need and not have.

great job on getting in shape

Last edited:
Final pictures of my completed Cap Shield before I box it up for the Con. I only have a few more things to finish up on my suit. I bought some Flexi Paint to re-do my boots as well. Feedback Good or Bad welcomed
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422666364.200204.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1422666378.055135.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1422666388.233290.jpg
Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Final pictures of my completed Cap Shield before I box it up for the Con. I only have a few more things to finish up on my suit. I bought some Flexi Paint to re-do my boots as well. Feedback Good or Bad welcomed
View attachment 433063View attachment 433064View attachment 433065
Enjoy!

Dude! Awesome job on the shield. And kudos on getting in shape. Love the costume. Can't wait to see it in acrion. Very cool

Dude! Awesome job on the shield. And kudos on getting in shape. Love the costume. Can't wait to see it in acrion. Very cool

Thanks Man, The shield had to be the hardest part for me. Still working on the suit, I have to re-do my boots, and my gloves although good, are a bit tight so I'm going to re-do them as well.

Greetings fellow Washingtonian, I myself am also going to ECCC as the old web head. Your suit is looking fantastic, the shield looks so bad-ass! I hope to see you there. ;)

spidey and cap.JPGSo this is a pic of me last year in my Scarlet Spider suit at the ECCC with a co-workers son. I found out that he actually printed this picture as a poster and put it on his wall in his room. Wow! I was told he is coming back this year again as Spiderman! His mom told me that she isn't telling him about my suit for this year, but only that I'm going to be there. Looking forward to seeing him again as his favorite Super Hero......

Peek, your shield looks unbelievable!!!

Thanks IronJoe! I'm really proud of it. It still has a few flaws in the paint, but I love it just the same....

great job on getting in shape and awesome on the suit

It's been a long road veego, I'm still working at it too. Thanks for the shout out....

Greetings fellow Washingtonian, I myself am also going to ECCC as the old web head. Your suit is looking fantastic, the shield looks so bad-ass! I hope to see you there. ;)

Always good to hear from a fellow Washatonian. I'll be there all three days. I'll be in a Spidey suit myself on either Friday or Sunday and Cap on Saturday. Thanks for the complements on the shield!!! I'm glad people like it. I hope to see you there as well, if you see me PLEASE come up and say hello! Pictures with fellow RPF folks are a must!!

Hey Joe, had some sizing issues with my suit, so rather than an alteration I've been doing cardio and a very strict diet for the last three weeks. Seems I did too much weight lifting and had to lean out in my chest. Here's a preview. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427323790.233407.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427323804.715695.jpg
I'm still working on my mask. Cutting it down like a balaclava so I can wear my latex mask.

You looked totally awesome at the con, Peek! I'm definitely interested in how you did the mask, if you could post up more info or pictures on how you made it?

You looked totally awesome at the con, Peek! I'm definitely interested in how you did the mask, if you could post up more info or pictures on how you made it?

You got it man! I'll get them up soon.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back