Star Lord Build

comiccon_-_06.jpg10846396_606890052748436_4771378539140445898_n.jpg10818373_10152883699465539_7418580979761592353_o.jpg

Christmas Comic Con Fun :)

Thanks Ein! I really appreciate your help also with the orb! I have plans to do many and some bigger events this year. Already tweaking things to be more accurate on the costume and learning some dance moves, LOL

-West

Man, how could you modify my coat? Jk, I LOVE how it looks! would you mind sharing the process of how you gave the leather that vintage look? Kudos, one of the best builds I've seen.

Thanks Danny, still doing some tweaking and studied the video finally to do the pauldren leather part on his shoulder. That was the only part I wasn't a huge fan of with your coat...otherwise was hugely happy and was totally worth it.
20141223-DSC_3313.JPG
As for the weathering of the coat I drybrushed acrylic paint..some red..some orange....some brown and mixes of them. Took awhile but gave me the look the coat has form the movie. Every coat I seen was yet to do anything like that... and it looks way better in person!

Also I sold my helmet the other day so upgrading soon. Also my rockets are going to be sold soon and so is my blasters.

https://www.facebook.com/starlordthelegendaryoutlaw my facebook page :)

-West

Will do. wife is taking pictures tonight I believe for me. I also have blasters if your interested in more things I may be selling.

I am hoping to start my bag after my cruise coming up soon. Pretty excited about that because you always need a bag at a con and how perfect a costume to have one!

-West

ALSO https://www.facebook.com/EvilGeeks/...0060010423013/739710776124599/?type=3&theater is a contest, if anyone would go and "like" my photo or at least pick one out of the bunch from someone else. Thanks!

Back from my cruise! sorry for any delays in the questions.

The pants are a cheap knock off of the ugly bros and just added the hip holsters (replacing I didn't like at con exactly how I did it) and the button controls and such.

The coat is from the Danny run here on the rpf but I just modified some things on it. All the weathering on the coat was hand painted on.

I am in the process of making a few things more accurate. At the time I did the best I could with the rockets , blasters, abd a few other pieces that now will be doing new models of. Will be selling these items within days so watch out for that.

I usually post more pictures and such if anyones interested or wants to better stay in touch here facebook.com/starlordthelegendaryoutlaw

Have a great day! -West

West,

Are the pants mostly cotton/denim? Was considering using these as a base for the Ravager suit pants, but I'd wanna bleach it and re-dye the red color before modding them. I just know if there's polyester in it that it won't bleach/dye.

DIdn't seal, it's held up great so far...it's so light on there and it's a high quality paint also. I'll try to snap some close up shots when I get a chance (20+ hours of wearing thus far). And wait until you see my new blasters I am working on....even I droll over them.

Anyone going to Fan Expo Toronto?

-West

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back