Star Lord Build

Eh Plus Cosplay

I'll update as I get things and build items. I'll be honest i am rather intimidated posting on the rpf because there's so many amazing posts/cosplays but I figure it may make me better in the end. :)

This video shows my blaster (making 2) it is the standard base of the hashbro/nerf gun. I am by no means as good as some but I've added some lights/sound and slightly modified and started doing putty work. This is my second cosplay build and am really excited and should have done for my hometowns comic con this December. Make sure to have sound turned up it's just a crappy cell phone video.

[video]https://www.dropbox.com/s/waiwi1dw504l8in/VIDEO0062.mp4?dl=0[/video]

I don't have anything else yet for the build but hope to do this build at a pretty fast rate. I have plans of 5-7 cons/expos in 2015 with this as my primary cosplay outfit.

-West

My ability to solder sucks so it's actually only 2 lights but impressive enough. The top nozzle I hope to paint inside something reflective to help show the light up there better for side views.

Most the costume is somewhat planned the biggest hurdle I have is spats... I just don't like the look of the half chaps I see online. I am hoping someone gets a pattern of some sort made and release it. I think it's simple enough to do if I had a pattern. I think it's a big part of the look that gets missed sometimes. I found someone that does them for 200 and it looks well done but if I can save a buck I'll save a buck.

-West

My ability to solder sucks so it's actually only 2 lights but impressive enough. The top nozzle I hope to paint inside something reflective to help show the light up there better for side views.

Most the costume is somewhat planned the biggest hurdle I have is spats... I just don't like the look of the half chaps I see online. I am hoping someone gets a pattern of some sort made and release it. I think it's simple enough to do if I had a pattern. I think it's a big part of the look that gets missed sometimes. I found someone that does them for 200 and it looks well done but if I can save a buck I'll save a buck.

-West

Hey man,

If you're looking for a pattern for the half chaps, athelu seems to have a pretty good one on his thread. I haven't made them yet but I'm planning on doing this the next couple of nights.

IMAG1769.jpg

Awesome mix tape with soundtrack...CHECK.... no walkman :(

So that's 2 pieces so far!

-West

Well I got a walkman and just painted it up....looks and sounds even better MINUS I don't want to hand paint the white lettering on it. Is there a sticker kit or something someone knows of?IMAG1788.jpg

-West

Still waiting on Decals to come in. BUT made an orb! IMAG1805.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Also no biggy or anything but the helmet! It does now have the LED at his ear also...seperate then the lense lights so it can stay on. Also the switch I control with my lip so it's hands free to light it all up!IMAG1814.jpgIMAG1813.jpg

Today I am going to try to carve a pumpkin as a Star Lord mask!

-West

IMAG1837.jpgNot exactly a tps-l2 but still looks great and now complete with stickers. Best part is with headphones on the awesome mix 1 can be heard like 10-15 feet away! woOt

-West

That looks legit! I need to get that shirt

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H30CIJG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 is the shirt. After looking around I thought that was best match for colour of what...may or may not be. I hadn't seen anyone else pick it which was also nice, lol

-West

- - - Updated - - -

I am sure after this weekend I will have few more pictures up also...and in the spring maybe do a photo shoot. It's cold up here in Canada so just did a 5 min picture taking deal in my house to show progress.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back